Looking for power and volume!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Amplification aside, I would like to start a side DIY speaker project that offers up some serious and simple grunt!

Ive heard these and something about this design made it a real heart pumping listening experience.
Krix experience sound - Home Entertainment - Product Detail - Neuphonix

They will mostly be used to play 60's-70's rock. And they will be punished in the volume debt. I don't have heeaaps of space so 12" cabinets are out.

Any suggestions?
100's of dollars preferably over 1000's.

I agree with what Paul says about paper drivers. You can't beat paper drivers for rock IMO.

If you do decide to build them, that woofer also works well in a sealed box (socks in the port would give you an idea, but totally sealing the port would be much better). I prefer the speed and definition of a good sealed design but others prefer the thump of a ported box.

Geebus! So many amazing designs. There's so much negativity surrounding speaker designs that are specially built for oomph!

The Elsinore doesn't seem to have a lot. Would this arguably be one of the most built DIY projects out there? I don't know, I'm sure it'd have a crack at that title.

The $2200 kit price on the Custom Analogue Audio page looks interesting...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.