Noob here need help replacing crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a single NHT SuperOne and it's not working and I believe it's just the crossover that needs to be replaced. I have taken it out and visually inspected it but see nothing wrong. Is there a cheap crossover that I can buy and easily replace the existing one or do I have to make one myself and spend a ton of time researching how to do that?

Thanks in advanced for any guidance.

A few years ago, I had the task of finding a new driver for a speaker for which I could not buy a new original. I bought a WT3 speaker tester for $99 (there are numerous others) and used the parameters that yielded to search down another driver. Then I modeled candidates in WinISD to see how they would work in my enclosure. Maybe that would work for you.

A few years ago, I had the task of finding a new driver for a speaker for which I could not buy a new original. I bought a WT3 speaker tester for $99 (there are numerous others) and used the parameters that yielded to search down another driver. Then I modeled candidates in WinISD to see how they would work in my enclosure. Maybe that would work for you.

Wouldn't I need to have a working NHT SuperOne to do that? I just have one of the SuperOnes right now. :( Thanks for the information though. I'm sure that will be very helpful someday.

When you say that it isn't working, do you mean that absolutely no sound is coming out or the sound is not correct?

You could easily determine whether or not the mid-range driver is functional by connecting the amplifier output directly to the input terminals of the mid-range. Testing the tweeter you would want to have at least a capacitor of fairly low value connected in series with it while bypassing the crossover network, and keeping the volume low.

When I connect the receiver straight to the driver it doesn't work. Tweeter still works though. So I'm assuming the driver is bad and since I don't have the second bookshelf I was just going to turn it into a center channel until I can afford to buy the KEF Q200c. Looking for a decent 6.5" driver to replace it with.

There is a single NHT Super One up for auction at Ebay, item # 221225451261. Opening bid is 99 cents, shipping $20. I think the auction ends in about 4 days. This is said to be in working order.

This would probably be better than any replacement mid-range that you could find, and would save a lot of time and effort in locating a satisfactory replacement.

There is a single NHT Super One up for auction at Ebay, item # 221225451261. Opening bid is 99 cents, shipping $20. I think the auction ends in about 4 days. This is said to be in working order.

This would probably be better than any replacement mid-range that you could find, and would save a lot of time and effort in locating a satisfactory replacement.

Thanks!

Haha, just found another single unit being sold on Ebay that's 30 minutes away! Big time score! Now, I just have to win the auction. :p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.