Another Open Baffle Dipole with a TPL-150

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A build thread for my OB dipoles. Beyma TPL-150, PHL 1120 and AE Dipole15s on a "surfboard" shaped baffle with a shallow u-frame for the woofers. I'm planning on posting in here to track the project. I'd love input as I plod along. I have little spare time so I don't expect these to get done in a couple weeks.

Step one is done, I built a test jig to get some measurements.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Well, I am planning to go active between the woofers and the mid/tweeter and passive on the top end. I finally got some time to listen this weekend, I am using a DCX2496 to get an idea of where I want the crossover points and what order crossovers sound best. I am really liking the way this sounds, but it still needs a little tweaking.

It's been a long time since I set up to do any speaker measurements, I have a really old version of soundeasy that probably won't work on my computer. I played a bit with ARTA when it was still in beta and it looked pretty good. I downloaded a new version of ARTA and something called Sonic Beacon. I just set up an RTA yesterday to get some baseline measurements. I'm going to need to make a new PC-DCX cable, my old one has hidden itself somewhere.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.