Home theatre design and build in Australia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Baloney

^^ None of which the local supplier imports, so add a ton for shipping.

Thailand is a lot closer to Australia than the Japan, USA or Europe. In any event, even if the company is based elsewhere, the product is probably made somewhere on the Pacific Rim and then it travels elsewhere before it gets to Aussieland. Contact information for the manufacturer and their distributor in Australia is listed below; why not call them for a quote? Oh! But this is not your project; right?

WHG

P. Audio
19/4 Moo2, Phutthamonthon 5 Road, BangKratuek,
Sampran, Nakornpathom 73210 Thailand
Phone: + 662-441-6600 (Auto 30 lines)
Fax: + 662-441-6699
E-mail: info@paudiothailand.com

Australia
Cannon Sound and Light Pty Ltd.
Mr. Daniel Trevor
Email: admin@cannonsound.com

Did you check the zaph audio za5 kits? Using two TMM front towers, rear TM bookshelfs, and one center channel, is just about 1000usd for drivers, assembled crossovers and all needed parts and fedex shipping included.
I would get the subwoofer at a later date if you really need one.
Check the project At The zaph audio website!

their distributor in Australia is listed below; why not call them for a quote? Oh! But this is not your project; right?
How about because I have been buying from Daniel for over a decade and he has told me that he stocks what sells, and he has minimum order quantities from the manufacturer, so if you want something not in the stock line, you have to order min quantity. Min quantity was not 2, but more like 50/line. The reason I know? I have asked him to do so before.

So wherever else anyone buys from outside Aus, shipping will add a fair amount.
Heaven help a little local experience getting in the way of you acting like an obnoxious ***.

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Some Australian businesses have a more traditional view on business. Just make what you need, a bit like a corner store.

I'm proud to support local business as much as I can, but sadly I've purchased drivers from across the world, with postage almost doubling the cost because it was clearly a much better deal.

This seems to be changing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.