4-way active PA. Techno system! Build thread - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th April 2013, 07:45 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Does the trailer expand vertically?
Old 29th April 2013, 08:15 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP1Fanatic View Post
Does the trailer expand vertically?
The upper lid is removable, otherwise loading would only be comfortable for people under 28 inches tall .

After the lid is removed, the rear gate slides out and becomes a 4 foot long ramp attached with ball-lock pins.
Attached Images
File Type: png Flip Your Lid.png (561.4 KB, 468 views)
Old 29th April 2013, 08:48 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Rullknufs
Put everything in the car, connect to amplifiers and see what it's like
Old 30th April 2013, 12:36 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Hmm thanks art. I'll see what I can come up with.

Almost complete on the midbass pair.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 30th April 2013, 01:15 AM   #15
djlivex is offline djlivex  United States
diyAudio Member

Default 4-Way active PA

Nice system break down weltersys! It all fits in that trailer? What about the amps and processors? Curious how the system looks up close be very interesting what you other guy's are building. Any plans for the trailer OR should I look at Popular Mechanics mags? Thanks! I love this site!
Old 30th April 2013, 03:02 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m R g S r View Post
Hmm thanks art. I'll see what I can come up with.
I would agree with Art. IMHO everything above 200hz or so should be above head height. So, bottom of your mains cab at least 6ft off the ground. Tough to say about your kick/mid bins, typically a kick bin would be around chest/head level but would only be used 80-200hz or less. 400hz coming out of those double 15's at torso to head level is going to be absorbed by the the crowd, not to mention deafening to be in front of.
Old 30th April 2013, 03:13 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Curious about the waveguides and the mids. Why the round waveguides? I assume you're going to angle the pairs of them in each top away from eachother to minimise comb filtering?
Old 30th April 2013, 03:44 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

I'm still thinking this is going to be sub bass shy. The kind of top/kick setup you have would typically be paired with 2x 18" horn subs each side or 2x 2x18 reflex on each side.

My 15" reflex have similar estimated max output to the PAL12 (~125db 1m) and match up well with normal 10" PA tops on 200w.

You may want to seriously consider putting the subs together and corner loading them in most venues.
Old 30th April 2013, 03:55 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlivex View Post
Nice system break down weltersys! It all fits in that trailer? What about the amps and processors? Curious how the system looks up close be very interesting what you other guy's are building. Any plans for the trailer OR should I look at Popular Mechanics mags? Thanks! I love this site!
The entire sound system other than a few items which go in the trunk of the tow vehicle fits in the trailer, list below.

No plans for the trailer, it's basically a box on top of a kit trailer bought at a Menard's, a store like Home Depot or Lowe's .
I have seen some trailer kits for cheap at Harbor Freight.
It is overweight, but I had the kit, which had been a land/ice yacht in it's first incarnation about 25 years ago .

Like Turbodawg, I am also curious as to how mRgSr plans to deploy a pair of wide angle waveguides per side.
If horizontal, their dispersion will be about three times as wide at the crossover point as the 15" mids.
If vertical, there will be radical HF comb filtering at various distance from the stack.
Of course, for techno, that might be a good thing .

Art
Attached Images
File Type: png A&H System.png (85.9 KB, 375 views)
Old 1st May 2013, 06:27 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Nice trailer!

Hide this!Advertise here!