First Build - HELP!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

The other day I was listening to my home two channel stereo and kept wishing it had better sound and more realistic base. I have a Creek CD / Amp with German made Visonik speakers.

My wife gave me the go ahead to purchase new speakers around the $1,000.00 range - a little low for what I really want. I have auditioned the Totem Winds a couple of times and these are the speakers I would purchase if I could (the wife doesn't like how they look or the price).

I do wood working and therefore building the boxes won't be an issue.

While there seems to be a tone of information on crossovers and cabinet building , I have found little to nothing on driver selection.

So I could use a little help in getting started.

They speakers can be two or three way - I don't have any particular preference.

I want them to be floor standing but can't be the size of B&W 801's or Totem's Winds.

My wife did mention that she like how narrow the speakers we have today so I thought I would try and keep the width to no wider than 9". Which should allow for a 7" driver.

Here is what I have so far:
Tweeters: Morel ET 338-104
Seas Exel: W18EX001-E0017*

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.