Ready made crossovers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
People are willing to pay through the nose to get an inferior solution.

This is not uncommon; look at United States taxpayers. I've wasted so much money on this feeble government...

Perhaps you're looking at a kit? If it's a kit, then it's not so bad, because the drivers are already chosen. Ready-made crossovers for any driver though, that's a bad thing. Half of the crossover is the driver! Leave that to someone else's discretion, oh boy, that's a bad idea!

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Jay,

I've got ready made crossovers, but I bought them years ago at a point when I didn't know any better, and had absolutely no idea how to make my own :) I'm sure there is a market for them for people just like I was 10 years ago (actually it could even be 14 years ago, now that's scary)!

My next project I'm venturing into the unknown and making my own!

Regards,

Tony.

It is okay Tony, if you bought a cheap one (local ones here are very cheap). I still do just for experiment, in the process of bulding a working one. But when I read about that Eminence crossover thread, bad caps and wires for $50, I remembered when I saw a more than $100 crossover with a brand which seemed to be a great name in audio. I couldn't understand the technical reason behind that price but I didn't want to know. But now I want to (I just found on the net a $150 crossover with thin coils and ceramics resistors!).

Nappylady (or SY?) had opened my eye. Now I'm thinking that tax policies here are just products of inferior governmental officers... :whazzat:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.