Need help in Acoustics!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

In the next posts, I'll put here 5 pictures of my room.
This first one, is a close take of my system.
The help I need is this: Is the position correct as the layout of the room is not square?

Thanks in advance.

Pedro Martins

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 217
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Without knowing a lot more about the room & the response of the speakers only suggestions to try can be offered... and even if we had that info there would be a lot of guessing going on.

For room placement there is not a lot to substitute for move & listen.

The 1st thing i'd do is pull the speakers out from the wall more.

Of course the SAF factor plays a role and often the "approved" placement won't coincide with the best sonic placement.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
audioPT said:
Some specs:
.....It's a sort of transmission line and it has a rear output at the bottom.

I'd class it as a Daline (i'll have to put a link on my projects page).

The critical specs include FR, dispersion, the reflectivity of the room and such. Without a lot of kit & computer modeling software, moving stuff around and listening is still the best route.

dave

audioPT said:
Hi!

In the next posts, I'll put here 5 pictures of my room.
This first one, is a close take of my system.
The help I need is this: Is the position correct as the layout of the room is not square?

Thanks in advance.

Pedro Martins

Pedro,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only sound absorbing thing I see in that room is the couch?

That's going to be an increadibly bright environment, and you will have a VERY difficult time getting it to sound right. Often times the long decay times of this kind of room show up as a very forward midrange/high frequency response. See if you can't add a throw rug, curtains and maybe some absorbtion behind the speakers. Potted plants in the corners may work well too...

Scott

Do a Google search on "argent room lens".
Funny what happened to me once when i was setting up a set of horns i had sold in a room.One horn was near a fireplace and i kept getting a LF lump in the rooms FR curve that i couldnt calculate according to the room dimensions.Well it was winter and the fire was going in the fire place so i came back later that night and we shut the flue closed and no more lump.It seams we had a kinda sorta BIG helmholtz resonator going.
ron

audioPT said:
Yes, it's right...
Only the couch absorbs sound...

I've seen on the web some pipes with absorbing material.
Does it help me in this setup?

Maybe?

The problem with the highly reflective room is that all first reflections will be very strong when they reach your ears, floor, ceiling, side walls and front and back wall.

The cylindrical pipes are usually used to absorbe a specific bass frequency or broad band absorbtion of bass frequencies to improve bass response in small rooms.

Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.