where to get eminence drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
welly_59 said:
I'm having a very hard time trying to get hold of eminence drivers in the uk. Has anybody got some reccomendsations of places to try?

sreten said:
I don't know what Eminence drivers you are after but a
lot of Maplins speaker range are Eminence drivers.

/sreten.

yep, maplin sell them. i know they sell the beta and delta at least.

i'm after the delta15lf driver, and maplin don't sell it. Don't even mention the name BK to me again. I've had nothing but trouble with them. I placed an order two weeks ago for the delta15lf, i phoned them on monday, they said they'd have it on thursday, phoned them thursday and now they say 4weeks till they get it! plus they had already charged my credit card!

I need to find somewhere cheap, what with christmas on the horizon

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
welly_59 said:
i'm after the delta15lf driver...

You should be aware that for the UK, Eminence offers both a 4 ohm and an 8 ohm version of that driver, as this page shows:
http://www.eminence.com/eminence/pages/products02/speakers/del15lf.htm

The 8 ohm is 15LFA
The 4 ohm is 15LFC

The 4 ohm version is available only in the UK. However, Eminence does not say that the 8 ohm is not available in the UK, only that the UK is the only country where you can buy the 4 ohm version.

I don't know if that is what is causing you problems with these retailers, but anyway I thought you should be aware of the difference.

Good luck. Let the board know how you did.

:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.