PA midrange for HiFi 3way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am building a new Active 3way loudspeakers. The woofer will be Beyma 12LX60V2 in 80l box tuned to 30Hz. I plan to use 18sound 6nd430 as midrange. There are 2 other options:
Beyma 605Nd or 6P200Fe

The inspiration is from
f3b
max

Do you have any experience with these midranges as High end home audio?

As tweeter there are 3 options:
Beyma TPL150
Seas DXT
SS 6600

Do you have any experience with these tweeters?

THX in advance

I've used the B&C 6md38 and the 18sound and preferred the B&C tone. Both were used as midranges in the same system. The B&C was also easier to cross to the tweeter which was 2nd order at 3.5khz. It may have been the high crossover point as the B&C didn't beam as badly which I attributed to the shape of the cone.

im experienced with the beyma tweeter, if you have the money, go for it.
Take off the back and cross around 1.5k - 2k

For mids, the 6nd430 open baffle and cross before 2k. 24db/oct

I have the 6nd430 ready to go in a project combined with the beyma tweeter, but I have no experienced with them yet.

Good luck

Disabled Account
Joined 2011
My crossover points are 250-300Hz and 2-2,2kHz. As i told i will use miniDSP and separate amps it means I am flexible in crossover points and also in efficiency o.f the drivers
I use the audax pr170 crossed around 350hz and 5khz. The sound is sublime. efficiency is 100db. its a incredible driver. It is the best mid I have ever heard.
I use the beyma 12br70 for my bass need, and the two blend seemlessly.
look around for what people think of the audax, thorsten loesch for example, which is a reference in audio thinks highly of this driver...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.