active two way with HF144 compression driver and LTH142 horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No, I've movied on quite a bit since my last update in this forum: I went to an 18Sound XT1464 which is by far the best so far. I'm sticking with that. The Pyle was OK for the price though.

I've also made a plywood 140L bass reflex cabinet better suited for the Lorantz woofer and stained it so it's now up to WAF standards:

main.php

further info here:
beyond-econowave | MiniRIG
and here:
active 2 way speaker using FaitalPro HF144 and Lorantz C390X B1 continued... - DIY Audio Projects - StereoNET

nice speaker.
any impression on how they sound?

nice speaker.
any impression on how they sound?
Thanks.
Clear but relaxing? I don't listen to a lot of other speaker systems so hard to give a comparison. They are quite similar to my "Econowave" in sound but clearer and more bass. Maybe not quite as good at the very HF.
One possible adjustment I might try is some "supertweeters" of similar sensitivity to the HF144 to add a bit of extra high end sparkle above 10Khz.

There is also a lot of work to do refining to crossover, I haven't had the time or energy to explore Active Crossover Designer and check out the new versions to refine the miniDSP config to get the best out of this system yet.

When I visited 18sound's webpage recently I saw that there are some new horns available (the ones named XR....).

By Category - Horns : Eighteen Sound - professional loudspeakers

Their directivity is not a smooth as the elliptical ones seem to have but there is one with 90x60 degrees directivity (XR1496) that might be interesting for home usage.

Regards

Charles

Nice to know! so far (fairly obviously) changing waveguides has had the biggest impact on clarity so I have other options to try in the future :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.