Recommend Vifa P22WP-01 8" woofer Replacements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I am seeking replacement woofers for my Mackie HR824 studio monitors. The originals are Vifa P22WP-01 8" woofers and are no longer available to buy so I would like your advice on any woofers that may have the same or very similar specs.

I am not familiar with the below technical specs and their meaning so the below information will probably make sense to a lot of you.

Below are the speaker specs of the woofers:

TS: Fs 29.5Hz,
QMS 2.20,
QES 0.31,
QTS 0.27,
Vas 77 l,
Re 5.8 ohms,
Sd 235 cm2,
Rm 2.5,
Bl 10.2,
Md 29.5 g,
Xmax 6 mm

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as these are my most prized posessions and I would like to continue using them for many many more years :)

This seems to be a closed box design around 40 litres, actively driven by built in amps and active crossover.

I'm getting the feeling the Vifa P22WP-01 is an 8 ohm polycone around 220mm diameter.

Do either of these polycones look promising?

Scanspeak/Vifa P21WO-20-08
http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-8-woofers/scanspeak-classic-p21wo20-8-woofer-poly-cone/
Vifa P21WO-20-08

Seas U22REX/P-SL
The Madisound Speaker Store

Do they fit? THE SEAS looks more likely with 6 holes on PCD 209.5...

Let's hope woofers are woofers. All the same... :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply System7

The vifa woofers look similar apart from the number of mounting holes but the Seas woofer looks completely different and dare I say would make the monitors look rather 'cheesy' but I am not sure if those specs are suitable so will do a bit more research as matching the woofer specs will be the most important aspect of this woofer replacement.

I will email the guys at vifa and see if they can advise me on a replacement woofer as a lot of Mackie owners are have having no luck sourcing replacement woofers which is a total shame as the HR824 MK1 are damn fine studio monitors.

I know a lot of DIY'ers used to use these woofers in their own builds according to other forums but tracking down some random dude in another continent with 3 or 4 of these spare woofers in his storage room would be a miracle but it seems that may be the only way to get these :(

Hello jazzbee, I have a pair of the Vifa-Mackie 8 in woofers in storage, new and unused, which I don't foresee ever using. I am sure they are 4 ohm though. If you are interested I can dig them out and run the T/S parameters to verify their present quality. The only problem would be the high shipping cost from USA to UK... Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.