Flat Panel Speakers (any good?)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

I found a real deal on some FPS flat panle speakers it's two 15"X2" 50W plus a 40W subwoofer for only 90bucks!
But i don't know much on flat panle speakers are they any good?
if so i'll buy a set. i'll give a link to a set Like the ones i can get.
Here it is http://www.usfps.com/warr/home.pdf

they are similar and our the same brand. so do flat panle give a good rich sound they say? are they wourth 90$?

Thanks for any advice

Bob

bobcat190 said:
Ya i can get them from a surplus type catalog.
But i'd like to know how are NTX type speakers all togather? how are they differnt to cone type, do they sound better?

do you mean NXT speakers, .. I bought a pair of those (benwin satellite w / subwoofer ) 3 years ago just to see how they sounded as a computer system.

the satellites weren't too bad (better dispersion than a cone type speaker) , but the sub was awful (possibly the worst computer sub i have ever heard), .. a big hole in the middle of the frequency range

i cut the connections and tried the satellites with my NAD integrated amplifier, .. a little better but still leaving a bit to be desired.in both cases the satellites seemed a little lean in the midrange.

if you could, try listening to them before buying them, or at least check for a return policy, .. you may have a better experience than i did.

cheers.

They're just cheapo PMPO computer speakers. OfficeMax used to sell a set almost identical to that for $39. I'm sure they sound terrible. Likewise you can buy 800 watt PMPO speaker systems for $20 just about anywhere. Actually getting 800 watts involves a big copper pipe, some wire, and a thunderstorm, however(which is what PMPO stands for, really :p).

These are (most definitely) not NXT speakers. They are something different, but any advantage/disadvantage of the technology is not clear from the website.

It appears they are _very_ directional, and not very sensitive. Their audiophile model has a sensitivity of 80dB, which is really low.

FWIW, I wouldn't buy anything without hearing it first...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.