System Pictures & Description

Fully Tri amped plus dedicated DAC 's

This was a great system, in a perfect room.

D.

Attachments

• Finale Norway 2.jpg
    Finale Norway 2.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 2,833
Golden Arches .!

For sure...I used to get rather jealous when all my customers had waaaayy better houses than me!
Not worry Overkill Audio was great fun and since the 2008 when the crash took out most of our customers spending power we have just enjoyed the music as a hobby.

But these new line arrays do have potential...I hope to release some DIY kits later this year and see how it goes.

A couple of differences from the massive Overkill stuff, the Line arrays can be hung on a wall so they dont take up any floor space and they dont need any crossovers or even subs, so the wives and family love em.

The wives used to hate me when they saw the Encore or Finale speakers being delivered!!
Cheers
D.

Last edited:
For sure...I used to get rather jealous when all my customers had waaaayy better houses than me!
Not worry Overkill Audio was great fun and since the 2008 when the crash took out most of our customers spending power we have just enjoyed the music as a hobby.

But these new line arrays do have potential...I hope to release some DIY kits later this year and see how it goes.

A couple of differences from the massive Overkill stuff, the Line arrays can be hung on a wall so they dont take up any floor space and they dont need any crossovers or even subs, so the wives and family love em.

The wives used to hate me when they saw the Encore or Finale speakers being delivered!!
Cheers
D.
It's been a pleasure and an inspiration to follow the installation of your systems on (one of) the norwegian hifi-forum(s) (hifisentralen).

:) Johan

Good times in Bergen

Hi Rojoh,

I think that was the Finale system in Bergen..
Quite a journey and eventfulll trip.
Two days driving and boat trip to get there at 1am, then a 2 day installation.
Then an 8 hour beer and music party...You guys in Norway know how to drink...and I am Scottish!

All in all a good time was had by everyone.

Cheers
Derek.

JBL Basshorn build

Figured Id post a pic of my newest project. Its actually my first pair of horns Ive ever built. To be honest its my first pair of speakers built period.

Ive said they are 4520 copies but Ive found this to be in error. There actually c550. There not exact copies as they aren't as deep as the jbl's and there taller by a few inches. They have dayton pa380-8 15" pro audio woofers from parts express. They were cheap but Im quite happy with them. They have a low qts and a high bl factor so there happy being horn loaded.

They also roll off higher then the jbl 2205's. The horn seems to roll off at 200hz instead of 150hz for the 2205's. There acting as direct radiator there on up to 800hz. Then I have jbl 2" compression drivers taking over. There 245's with 375 diaphragms in them. The horns are jbl 2380 copies made by gold wood. There pretty cheap but I think they sound pretty good. At the moment I have 1" compression drivers working above the 2" drivers. There p audio drivers but I don't recall the model. There titanium so there not perfect. But I had them so I thought what could it hurt.

Im going to replace them with something better soon. Ive been eyeing a pair of celestion cdx1-1430's to replace them. Or Ill get a pair of jbl 2425's.

The 1" horns are a pair of elliptical horns from parts express too. Im in the process of building the crossovers. They will be linkwitz second order crossovers.

Im now in the process of starting a subwoofer build to cover were the horns drop off. The dayton woofers start to roll off at 50hz and that doesn't change with them in the horns. Im going to use a jbl 2245h in a bandpass cabinet to handle from 50 down.

Its all still a work in progress. But its coming along. I know back horns are plagued with phase issues. But I am happy with them at the moment. But Im sure I will build some other bass horns to replace them some day. I enjoyed building them too much to stop building with them.

Whats driving them is nothing special at the moment. Emotiva amp and a outlaw preamp. Ya its an HT pre, but at the moment I dont have other options, LOL.

Nick

P.S. Sorry for the cellphone pic's. Too damn convenient, LOL. Ill try and take some more with a better camera and post if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• 2013-04-21 19.57.35.jpg
    2013-04-21 19.57.35.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 2,854
nhuwar: the speakers look very good. I would imaging you can get a far amount of volume out of them with the right amp.

They can get up to around 110 db. The amp clips a little above that. If I'm feeding it a test tone it seems to go to around 120db. But that was in my garage. But that way past my level. I'm happy around 80 db. I imagine its not to much juice either. But they definitely shake the WHOLE house. Around 90 db I start hearing all these crazy noises coming from light fixture and the walls. If its low frequency that is.

They are fun though.

Nick

They can get up to around 110 db. The amp clips a little above that. If I'm feeding it a test tone it seems to go to around 120db. But that was in my garage. But that way past my level. I'm happy around 80 db. I imagine its not to much juice either. But they definitely shake the WHOLE house. Around 90 db I start hearing all these crazy noises coming from light fixture and the walls. If its low frequency that is.

They are fun though.

Nick

110db? Crazy!