Peerless HDS Excusive system.

Active system. 4th order Bessell. Crossover points
40, 150, 450, 1.4 kHz.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 2,798
Last edited:
Why Bessell? I found linkwitz-Riley better than Butterworth for a two way I made.

I used 4th order LR filter for about a year until I tried the Bessell on the advice of an Australian DIY'er. I'm having a way easier time getting a flat response out of my system for one(Why this is, I'm not quiet sure). Another thing I noticed is that imaging specificity is a lot better, the system is more musical sounding(???), and there is less aural fatigue. I never would have thought about trying it if it wasn't for that Aussie. OI! OI! OI!

I used 4th order LR filter for about a year until I tried the Bessell on the advice of an Australian DIY'er. I'm having a way easier time getting a flat response out of my system for one(Why this is, I'm not quiet sure). Another thing I noticed is that imaging specificity is a lot better, the system is more musical sounding(???), and there is less aural fatigue. I never would have thought about trying it if it wasn't for that Aussie. OI! OI! OI!
I found the butterworth lumpy handing off the the woofer to the tweeter on my two way. It just didn't sound right. When I switched to the LR at the 3KHz Xover it all just fell together with no further adjustment needed. I didn't try the Bessell. I understand it is a better Xover for transients.

My new Visaton Atlantis.
Cut-off frequency 450/3500 Hz
Weight of 1 box is 35kg
dimensions w/d/h 26/50/121
The sound is amazing !
Video, but not the best quality: DIY Atlantis - YouTube
More photos: http://www.facebook.com/DiySoundsystem
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
badzso... why don't you try attaching your pictures directly to the site

To add a photo, files or non standard files.

First click "go advanced" in the box below the "quick reply" message box. Doesn't matter if you decide half way through a message to do that, it carries it foward.

Then click "Manage attachements". Maximise the new Window so that you can see all the text.

Click browse in the first box at the top and find your picture. Repeat for any more pictures.
Click upload... a message appears "uploading"
When complete the files will show as being attached. Now click the small text that says "close this window"

The pictures should now be attached and when you submit your post they will appear.

Make sure your pics aren't too big, a couple of 100k is plenty, and many members object when they are massive and it alters the margins
It tells you in the attachments window what max sizes are allowed.

If you want to attach a file that has a non standard format for example excel, circuit simulation etc then try putting the files in a zipped folder and attaching that.