System Pictures & Description

Thanks! That gray is called 'steenbok' (=capricorn) from a dutch company 'Histor'. Here's the link to the info (sorry, dutch only)

I think I'm going to pull that color up on my phone at the paint supply place and see if they can copy it exactly. I've been looking for a good gray, but so far the couple I've tried end up looking blue or purple in the light.

That gray is very nice, and it goes really well with the silver and the tubes.

015.jpg

and current vast improvements using foam on some edges and in the parallel throat.

DSC03317.jpg

Norman

three way speaker... woofers are 6.5" Peerless... midrange is accualy a 4" sony fullrange... tweeter is unknown cheap china-made 1" silk dome ... customized XOver... woofers are amazing... crumble down walls with about 30hz...
sounds like above 1-2k commercial speakers :rolleyes: all in all a nice-sounding speaker worth every dime I spent

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Damping the backloaded horn is not an easy job to do.Is important to begin with 2 steps:
-compresion chamber (careful with middle range)
-begining of the rollercoaster.
Also try to put some absorbing material on the bottom,inside of the mouth at corner.
Begin with a few tiny pillows to hear the diferences....
It will take some time to do the job right..........

Damping the backloaded horn is not an easy job to do.Is important to begin with 2 steps:
-compresion chamber (careful with middle range)
-begining of the rollercoaster.
Also try to put some absorbing material on the bottom,inside of the mouth at corner.
Begin with a few tiny pillows to hear the diferences....
It will take some time to do the job right..........

insistence on horn length, horn aperture becomes narrow result, ringing has been increased. (become a shortcut horn)
1973 at that time, technology and know-how (even manufacturers) had not been established. (I regret having made ​​too early)

Those are cool! Do you have a build thread? What are they all and are you using an active or passive crossover?
Scott

Hi Scott,
Unfortunate, the original build thread was on dead-now webserver. Evolution lasted about 7 years and was centered on re-dimensioned Bruce Edgard's "Show Horns" (from 50Hz cutoff to 70Hz). Mids are Selenium's (HM4750SLF+D405), supertweeters are Eminence APT150's. Bass consists in 3 band-pass units (Behringer B2092A being one of them). All is active, digital, crossed @80/500/5kHz. System tuned for classical, which I'm fond of, and positioned in corners of a 35sqm dining-room, toed 45 deg., subs placed after Geddes method. Thanks for your interest.
Dorin

Last edited: