System Pictures & Description

newfinish said:

ouin adire avais fais quelque chose de semblable tu pouvais deplacer un feuille plywood de 4'x4' aisement.
non je comprend moins ca force mieux c'est.jai quelqun qui as mis 8 REL 12" le long du mur en arriere de ces boites pour resentir l'effet de l'orgue....

mais au fais tu es de montreal?
je suis de le gardeur

Berthierville pour etre plus precis..mais sur les board internationaux j'ecris Montreal ...sinon ya pas personne qui a la moindre idee de ou c'est Barthier :p

comme ca tu es de la patrie de Celine Dion ? ahaha :p
Nice coin Legargeur ..j'aime bien!

au plaisir :)

rcavictim: wait until i attached the subwoofers to this wall and start tunning :)
probably going to be some servo subs by our friend Brian ...
not yet decided

the ceiling is now approx 11ft high ..
but since it will have 20" deep steel joists on its head

there will be only 4.5" left on top of that last subwoofer box ( same 4,5" as there will be on the bottom one
when the 2"eps + 5" slab will be done )

will feature a back half-room 1' step for the rear row of seats , i shall use this big box as a bass trap from the complete rear of the room ( to be designed )

should have from 1 to 2 feet tick of absorbing mater at the rear of the room ..

ouais cest nice Berthier, je suis dans les iles en plus! :)

Cal Weldon said:
Can you guys also post in English please? Us poor guys from the left coast never got a chance to use our grade 4 French and would like to have the English so we can understand without going through the translators.

Thank you.

Nothing really interesting for you here..we have discussed about our "close" location and Celine Dion.

Too bad that we had to go through 12 years of english
when you guys only get a few years to learn some basic french that you'll probably never use unless you move East ...even then .. Montreal is probably more english than french right now
and anything WEST of it is 80%+ english

going back to audio topic,
what should be looking for when desining my "bass trap" using the 1' riser at the rear half of the room ??
hlemoltz formulas?

Attachments

• dscf1725a.jpg
    dscf1725a.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 4,921
My first DIY project

Here is my first DIY speaker project. It's a 2 way using a Pioneer 8" woofer (B20GR30-51F-Q) and Vifa 1" tweeter (D26TG-35-06).

The drivers were originally purchased to upgrade an old set of two way speakers and after I learned a bit about box design, I made my own boxes that you see here. According to WinISD Pro, the -3dB point is around 40 Hz. Not terribly low, but good enough for most music.

Attachments

• sound system 001.jpg
    sound system 001.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 4,864
David Gatti said:
Love that room treatment. Thats what I need to work on!
Thank's and agreed! Room treatment is the base for reproducing recorded music at home!

Currently I am designing a 1.3 cubic metre helmholtz desiged for the target frequency 38 Hz. Hopefulle ready by christmas, allowing the family to enjoy christmas music at its best! ;)