not quite finished but i couldn't resist

Attachments

• 31-08-08_2210.jpg
    31-08-08_2210.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 5,230
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Not often i get to post pictures in this thread... my 1st 2-way in some time. These are currently back in the shop for cosmetic treatment.

SDX7 is 17 litre sealed. FF85 is in a highly tapered aperiodic TL.

PLLXO at 333-350 Hz, 1st order LP, 2nd order HP. Toed in, and with SDX7 EnABLed this lets the SDX7 act as BSC.

They are called Tysen, and the "man" standing next to them is he who they were named after (our godson). He is just under a metre tall.

dave

Attachments

• tysen-wtysen.jpg
    tysen-wtysen.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 5,350
rcavictim said:

Couldn't help notice the wonderful Deco design influence evident in your fine vintage drill press. Very cool!

Speakers are nicely done.

thanks it's a classic huh? they really knew how to make some sturdy tools back then.

Dr.EM said:
menuoption, thats interesting, I'm working on something very similar also for a dorm room (well, bedroom in shared house). See in this thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128672

How are you finding the sound of those B3Ns?

i left a post on your thread there

Just wanted to introduce my soon to be HT/music system
in my soon to be new home

it is a project " in construction " of course ...

This is an infinite baffle sub wall
based on the front planar wave pattern

will host 16X 15"inchers in the near future

This picture shows the path of the rear port
towars the enclosure ..the garage

Attachments

• 2blocs.jpg
    2blocs.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 4,882
Tranceformer said:

Great poject, if your home would not be so far away I would say you should invite me to a paty when the house is finished :)

Just grab a plane ticket and you're on :p

nice enlosure between!!

newfinish: je ne veux pas necessairement etre + fort que live ..mais le fais d'avoir la possibilite des moyens est tres interessant pour trouver le "volume" desire pour chaque situation :)

also that i had a certain wall area to cover using the woofers and i wanted to stay on the planar wave design,
so i had to cover the wall to a certain extent ..

imagine, i even seriously thought about having the complete front wall move in and out by using 30-50 motors pushing a CF frame/mylar surface
...just didn't have time to built that one

JinMTVT said:

Just grab a plane ticket and you're on :p

nice enlosure between!!

newfinish: je ne veux pas necessairement etre + fort que live ..mais le fais d'avoir la possibilite des moyens est tres interessant pour trouver le "volume" desire pour chaque situation :)

also that i had a certain wall area to cover using the woofers and i wanted to stay on the planar wave design,
so i had to cover the wall to a certain extent ..

imagine, i even seriously thought about having the complete front wall move in and out by using 30-50 motors pushing a CF frame/mylar surface
...just didn't have time to built that one

ouin adire avais fais quelque chose de semblable tu pouvais deplacer un feuille plywood de 4'x4' aisement.
non je comprend moins ca force mieux c'est.jai quelqun qui as mis 8 REL 12" le long du mur en arriere de ces boites pour resentir l'effet de l'orgue....

mais au fais tu es de montreal?
je suis de le gardeur