System Pictures & Description

Navin,

I had speakers in the living room. They were 26 inches x 12 inches x 16 inches big. She actually said that these were about as large as she could stand.

I used to live in an apartment. When I lived in an apartment, I had a small set of speakers and a very good set of headphones.

Its a luxury of living in a separate house, which is actually a bit big for us now. But when we had two kids it was not. Now the kids have moved away(one is in Massachusetts and the other is in South Bend, IN, when he's not off in Germany doing research---which he is now), I have a lot more room to move around.

Zarathu

Zarathu said:

I had speakers in the living room. They were 26 inches x 12 inches x 16 inches big.

I should consider myself lucky then. My present speakers are a bit bigger and they are in our bedroom (she did not want them in the living room).
Subs: 18" high, 30" wide, 18" deep (about 4.5 cu. ft).
Sats: 18" highx 8" wide, 18" deep (about 2 cu. ft).
Sat (with XO inside) stand: 9"

I’ve been working on a set of Hartley Concertmasters for over 8 months now:

- 24 inch subwoofer 224HS
- 10 inch midrange 220MSG
- 7 inch 207MSG
- DT-8 “supertweeter”
- Cheery Veneer with wenge hardwood accents
- Hand machined and polished banana plug plates with sandblasted text
- 1.5 inch wall thickness weighing about 300+ lbs per cabinet

Almost ready for a test run. Take a look at the attached picture and let me know your thoughts

Attachments

• concertmaster.jpg
    concertmaster.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 4,223
Go for Church Organ

IceMan8247 said:

What song should I listen to first?

The heck with cannons, that's just a big loud noise. Go for Bach Organ Toccata & Fugue in D. If you can close your eyes, and think that you are actually in the church where its playing, you've done it. Full power PIPE organ is something speakers almost never can do "REAL". The speakers can't respond fast enough or big enough.

That's the first thing I listened to. I could hear guns and explosions with my old system, but I could never listen to organ and feel it was realistic. Now I can. Hopefully you can too.

Zarathu

Zarathu said:

The heck with cannons, that's just a big loud noise. Go for Bach Organ Toccata & Fugue in D. If you can close your eyes, and think that you are actually in the church where its playing, you've done it. Full power PIPE organ is something speakers almost never can do "REAL". The speakers can't respond fast enough or big enough.

That's what I meant, I have the record played by Karl Richter. Very impressive!

Folding speakers, 60 inch total height (30 inch folded), very close driver cones, Kapton cone speakers, high temperature square wire coils, strong magnets.

Power tapering and frequency response patterns of selected drivers were used to minimize comb-filter effect on higher frequencies.
As the result, they:

- Minimize vertical sound dispersion such that floor and ceiling reflections
are minimized
- Maintain a wide listening area with room filling, nearly constant sound intensity
- Provide exceptional dynamic range and linear performance
- Provide higher power sound pressure levels (SPL)
- Reduce distortion as power is dispersed among several drivers
- Enable higher power handling to be attained
- Create very long nearfield for less difference of pressure levels on first and last rows of seats
- Easy to handle because of folding design (fit in a car trunk when folded) despite of big height / width ratio when unfolded.

The speakers were tested in a very reverberating club house environment and performed excellent if to compare to my previous line arrays and especially to stock speakers with 12 inch main drivers and horn tweeters. Differences were dramatical. I got one more proof of the saying "The Devil is in details".

wavebournpyramid-Vspeakers.gif
wavebournpyramid-Vspeakers-0.gif