System Pictures & Description

Home system..

Ok...here goes.
Sony Trinitron 32" TV
Harmon Kardon TU-911 tuner
Yamaha CX-800 pre-amp
Carver Tfm-15CB amp
DIY speakers, Tower design,8.5"X 13"X 48", twin RS 6.5" woofers , one trick peizo, Deappoltito(sp?)...Qtc @ .933, one driver finally rotted out & I need to match up four replacements.
_________________________________Rick............

f.bcn how did you get the FE166e boxs so shiny is that paint?

just wondering im almost finished mine and im looking for a finish
on mdf.

thanks;)

Attachments

• 000_0783.jpg
    000_0783.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 3,448
Proac Ultima

I just completed and test my Proac Ultima Clone.
This is actually no Proac model but a similar idea developped by Solen.

The sound is absolutly beautifull. Large, clear, defined. Each instrument in the orchestra is at its place and well separated from the rest.

The tonal spectrum is well equilibrated and the result is pure joy.

The only test I would like to do is to check the effect of the padding inside the box. For my taste it sounds OK but I wonder what technique I could use to really check that out.

Attachments

• speaker_small2.jpg
    speaker_small2.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 5,626
You can try to make a sort of quick release system on the drivers. Or use shorter screws so you can swap the content quickly.

Another thing you could do is place both speakers near eachother and feed them mono, do A/B testing with different stuffing in both cabs..

Another thing, it looks like it you put the speaker on four "spikes". I would recommend three spikes, that way your cabinet can't unsettle...

By the way it looks very nice......:bigeyes:

Proac

Well from the answer I got.... What I'm wondering and expecting is a scientific way to set that speakers.

I mean to actually measure the resonance and the tonal spectrum so I can tune them to be as better as can be.

Not a trial and error test where from one test to another you forget was it was really......

My latest edition: Ellis 1801s
I run a pair of Stochino ultra fast amps from the Elektor battery preamp with Gryphon Tabu CD. Main speakers are Dynaudio Finales - now switching between these and the 1801s

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Ellis 1801s

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Elektor Battery Powered preamp

I finally got around to an update of my ancient system. It has always been modular so I could experiment.

Previously there were two subs, but that was taking up too much space.

Tweeters
Ionovacs XO 6000/48db Active
Mids
Accuton C44s XO 6000 & 800/48db Active
Bass
Dayton RS225-8 Active XO 800 & 60/12db Active 12db acoustic
Sub
Dual tandem 24" Hartleys Isobarik 20 cu. ft. XO 60/24db Active

All are fed by Hafler amps. The XO is a Marchand 4 way. Preamp is a modifed Dyna. The sub goes down to 20 Hz and XOed at 60 integrates well. It has had a torn cone repaired. The Ionovacs were rebuilt. These I have had since the late 60s. The rest is new.

Next is to try a passive 24 db XO for the tweeters and Aurum Cantus G2 ribbons at 3000 Hz. And some surround speakers for HT.

Whoa, those subs are huge, or is it the picture... it can't hurt to try new things, but in my opinion great sound was allready invented half a century ago so I won't doubt your subs sound great. Don't they?

Can't take distance from them eh? Just like I can't take distance from my old ESL-57's....