System Pictures & Description

Here you go, my latest project, 3 way floorsatnding:
(page is translated with google translate - so there could be some misunderstandings)

click below
Google Translate

Stunning!

Wow! That must have been hard work. All those cuts in the ply!

I however think that some of the dimesions shown have not translated properly.

For exmaple the chamfered section shows as 60mm for the left and the chamfer+play width is also 60mm on the right. The height of the speaker and the driver centers (shown as distance from top) are in cm while other parts are in mm.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I also have to see if our measurement system will output impedance on a more relevant scale. For our internal purposes it hasn't been all that important as you can get the data we need in some other screens. Now that they are going up on the web I need to provide some instructions on generating a more relevant plot.

What measuring system are you using... graphs look a lot like Fuzzmeasure.

dave

my new big Ikea budget furniture:

DSC06761-1.jpg

the inside is placed :

DIY F5 amp (driving mission floor standers) + LM 3875 (driving black small speakers ) + sony receiver (driving wooden speakers and active sub-woofer, center and surrounds ) + sony CDP EX 900 + passive preamp + HTPC + LG DVD player.

Have yet to find the place (and agree with wife :D - hardest task ) for CDP EX330 + Cambridge audio C500 preamp + diy leach amp + pair of big floor standers + technics FM unit...and additional big diy active sub-woofer...

p.s. LM 1875 at this moment just like decoration...

Ran out of time on the paint job :( I posted them before without paint and the grills finished and the final amp. The amp is a Rane SSA-6. And for the crossover I use kx drivers for my Audigy 2 ZS sound card. Right now my crossovers are 12 db/octave at 2420 Hz and 290 Hz. And I tried to contour the low end to mimic a sealed box roll-off even though it is ported at ~25 Hz using the kx driver EQ functions. 24 db/octave crossovers sounded really bad to me, even when I only had them on the high crossover point.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
You folks sound like my kind of scroungers. Moet taste and a water budget, armed with the conviction that there is all kinds of fair -to - excellent old gear out there to be got for a song. Just last week a neighbor of mine found a working pair of dynaco A-25's at a local salvage yard for $4us. aaagh! Anyway it prompted me to dig out my Dynaco 400 and see if the B channel was still bad. What else is bad is that the schematic which came with the kit when i got it 25 years ago does not seem to match the pc 28 circuit boards that are in it. Anyone know about design changes/ variations on these old bruties?

i never thought of my A7's (Altec alnico speakers) and two 18" Cerwin-Vega subs as home theater ready - mainly live rock shows and outdoor events, but now i'm thinking when i go to do my fall cleanup, i can pull them out of the garage and see if they'll fit in the living room :D look honey, the black paint and black carpet match the new black furniture :rolleyes:

i never thought of my A7's (Altec alnico speakers) and two 18" Cerwin-Vega subs as home theater ready - mainly live rock shows and outdoor events, but now i'm thinking when i go to do my fall cleanup, i can pull them out of the garage and see if they'll fit in the living room :D look honey, the black paint and black carpet match the new black furniture :rolleyes:

Exactly black goes with everything :cool: (architect being my profession :p )