System Pictures & Description - Page 72 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th April 2005, 11:36 AM   #711
Gmd is offline Gmd  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by maxw

Nice
Was that a kit? or did you make and finish the enclosure your self?
The enclosure is the 1 ft^3 MTM prefinished enclosure from partsexpress with the removable front baffle in case you mess up cutting your holes. I really didn't have the time to make my own but the partsexpress model is extremely well made and the finish is flawless. Everything else was of my design (driver selection, crossover, etc)
Old 26th April 2005, 11:36 AM   #712
Gmd is offline Gmd  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by planet10

Which Jolida is that?

dave
It is the 102B entry level amp. It puts out 20W a channel and that is more than enough to power the speakers which are 50 W RMS / 75 W max.
Old 26th April 2005, 06:30 PM   #713
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gmd
It is the 102B entry level amp. It puts out 20W a channel and that is more than enough to power the speakers which are 50 W RMS / 75 W max.
That is the EL84 one isn't it? That would be my choice of all their amps. I have a modded EL34 one here now (Chris'). It will eventually get a complete rebuild... probably become an Allen Wright/Vacuum State style diff amp.

dave
Old 27th April 2005, 12:01 AM   #714
diyAudio Member

Default Think I'll call 'em "Quartz I"... <G>

>Those look impressive... any non-coherency issues with the transitions from point source to line source & back again?

...because their shape looks like a quartz crystal... and they sound sooo clear...

I'm continuing to be amazed at the clarity and revelatory experience listening to prior music again with these speakers. I just listened to Eric Marienthal's "One Touch" CD, and the piano solo ~01:40 into the last cut (#10 "Where Are You") has one of the first truly believable images I've heard. It's like listening to a grand playing 12 feet away... with the pianist sitting facing towards the rear wall... the lower registers are to the left ~ 1/3 left of center... upper registers are to the right ~ 1/3 left of center.. and arpeggios and runs move back and forth correctly and convincingly with proper depth and soundstage. Makes me want to re-listen to my entire 600+ cd collection... not to mention the 1000's of hours of open reel tapes I've accunulated over the last 4 decades...

I guess that's what makes these projects so worthwhile... kinda like a search for the holy grail.
Old 27th April 2005, 10:59 AM   #715
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Artmaster Send a message via MSN to Artmaster
Default amp design

gday!
it's not loudspeaker, but it's can be close
common concept. usualy I made marble subwoofers and even full range system by marble.
now I want to show my first amplifier with marble front panel.
more detail - there http://www.artmaydan.org.ua/amp.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg amp.jpg (61.4 KB, 3743 views)
Old 27th April 2005, 11:03 AM   #716
SimontY is offline SimontY  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to SimontY
Hi,

That marble front looks very nice. Doesn't it cause problems with the sonics though? (stored energy, microphonics resulting in a thuddy unprecise sound)

Anyway, it looks very cool, as do the subs!
Old 27th April 2005, 06:50 PM   #717
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Default Re: amp design

Quote:
Originally posted by Yury

common concept. usualy I made marble subwoofers and even full range system by marble.
now I want to show my first amplifier with marble front panel.
Cool... should we just start calling you the "marble man"?

dave
Old 27th April 2005, 10:57 PM   #718
Stocker is offline Stocker  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SimontY
Hi,

That marble front looks very nice. Doesn't it cause problems with the sonics though? (stored energy, microphonics resulting in a thuddy unprecise sound)

Anyway, it looks very cool, as do the subs!
Not everyone can hear a difference from one chassis to another, microphonics, electromagnetics and all other forms of interference combined. Not everyone thinks it's an issue at all... And not everyone has speakers that might highlight it as an issue.

But yes, it does look nice.
Old 28th April 2005, 06:34 AM   #719
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Artmaster Send a message via MSN to Artmaster
thank you gentlemen!
that's right. marble front doesn't sound better, or not.
but I asked my customer about amp design and we get agreement - let it be the same like loudspeakers.

that amp is not simple inside. it has a few new idea from master - Samod. you'll be able to find him in the amplifier forum there.
Old 28th April 2005, 11:22 PM   #720
diyAudio Member

Default stored energy??

> Doesn't it cause problems with the sonics though? (stored energy, microphonics resulting in a thuddy unprecise sound)

What would be the source of the "stored energy" in the marble that would degrade the sound? All matter above absolute zero has "stored energy" in the form of lattice vibrations, etc. that on an atomic level are orders of magnitude greater than anything imposed from a macroscopic external source (such as vibrations thru the chasis) Or do you mean that somehow electonic noise is being imposed by the marble front?

Older tube gear sometimes suffered microphonics when the filaments physiaclly vibrated and changed the mechanical properties of the tube design. Is this what you mean? if so, the marble would help prevent this, not cause it.

This is the stuff of urban myth promulgated by "high end" mfgs. of "single xtal directional wires", "intergranular diodes", "skati stones & tice clocks" etc. and other such nonsense.

Hide this!Advertise here!