System Pictures & Description

newfinish said:
dont know how

At the bottom of the reply window (the one I am typing in) is a button "Choose file"
Click on it, it will take you to your hard drive. Pick a pic that is 100K or less. That file will show up next to the choose file button. When you hit "submit reply" it will then show up as a thumbnail which we can click on. Like this

Attachments

• img_4667.jpg
    img_4667.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 2,996
newfinish said:
dont know how and read the help section but still didnt understand

Take your pictures that you uploaded to that useless msn storage and post one picture here at a time with the attach file feature.. also make sure your pics you post are less than 100K and 800x600 :D

Jordan Line Array

Here are some pictures of my Jordan Line Array built on Jordan 125, 33 litre bass box. The Line Array is approximately 5 litres. The sub woofer is a 66 litre ported 1" MDF construction with dowel re-inforcement inside. Also a 3" x 14" port powered by hypex 125 watt amp. The speakers are 6.8" Extremis by Adire. The fronts of the speakers are 3/4" pine. The speakers themselves are black laquer.
After much experimentation, I found that I am running the Jordan Array full range turned 30 degrees toward center causing them to cross over in front of the listener. The Line Arrays can be turned in any direction to suit the listener. The cross over that I use is a RC Equalization cirquit as indicated in Jordan's website except for the resistance being 8.5 ohms. The Jordan 125's have a 2 MHz coil, therefore the crossover is very simple. After much breaking in, I find the sound is very clear, fast and extremely crisp on vocals. I have never heard speakers that can image instruments and vocals like these can. It's like the group is right in front of you. This is as close to live as I have heard.
The sound from the subwoofer is very tight and very musical, perfectly suited for the speed of the Jordan Array. Originally I had 2 Jordan 125's in this particular subwoofer but one of the speakers went bad and I changed them to the Adire Extremis 6.8 which were almost a perfect match except for the output of the Extremis put them in a total different league. I also had to change the port size.
I'd like to thank Bob Reimer of Creative Sound Solutions for supplying the last remaining Jordan 125's and also the Jordan 52's and thanks for all his help. Thanks also to Adire for supplying the port size for the 66 litre sub box

Attachments

• dscn1040b.jpg
    dscn1040b.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 3,762
Spicer, it was fun reading your last post and figuring out which French-English words went together. ;)

Anyhow, how does the HI-VI 28 tweeter sound? What are the specs for the crossover and what components are you using? I'm assuming you got the crossover components from Solen as well.