System Pictures & Description

These are the mids that were used:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=299-492

I really haven't got to play with them much and have only done a quick RTA of their current position but response is usable to the 70-80hz area - for my tastes anyway - without any eq. They are butted next to the corners of the room they are in with about 15 feet center to center spacing and about 3 feet from the center of the baffle to the wall behind it.

The girlfriend wants to move the living room around(been saying it for about 2 weeks now) so I've been holding off on proper eq/crossover adjustment, about the only thing I've sat down and done right is level matching. All processing is done via computer.

hell i just ur average high schol student been intrested in audio for a year now but the system i got aint spectacular

60$usd-yamaha reciver 230watts 80/channel 5.1
free-boston acoustics a40 ( manufactured 1984 )(different mids)
free-(not sure what make ) the fish xp56 (70s)
(50$)-alpine type e 10inch 600watts in a custom ported box
free-a sub amp of my fisher stereo i think 125watts
free-and still expairmenting with a 8ohm .5 inch horn 4*10 tweeteer

lynchingacers said:
Well thats valid but unless iam there i don't care right now. Besides its summer and i dont have to be there

That's an attitude I saw in my daughter, who never seemed to get it to kick in while in school. She's a smart kid who has had a string of dead end jobs after high school, trying to get back into the school mode.

Just a hint: Speaking and writing well will get you a lot further in life than raw intellect. ;)

BobEllis, I agree. My Technical Writing prof said, "if an engineer doesn't get a promotion it's because he is unable to write ineffectively."

lynchingacers, hate to knock you on school at all BUT I'd bet that 99% of the ppl on this forum would like a second chance at school so, do once and do it right. Also, you have a MUCH better system than I started with! Free Boston Acoustics! NICE!

Silencio

This is my 14 year old construction, made off PVC and MDF. I still enjoy them after all these years...
Vifa woofer, Dynaudio D54 dome and Visaton RHT 12S ribbon. Subwoofer contains 4 Sonic woofers (6 inch). I use a valve amplifier with 8 EL 519 tubes 35 watt class A (2x 70 Watt max.) and a Marantz CD 17.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

thank you...

I designed these spaekers after looking, listening and reading about the Elipson, B&W and Jeane Marie Reneau speakers who use a phase liniair concept. The coherence of their sound was realy good, even for a 3 way system. The very heavy 54 mm dome midrange from Dynaudio is the hart of my speaker and i let it work from 600 - 6000 Hz only filtered by one capacitor.

My brother disigned the tube amplifier and used some special trics like introducing distorsion to reduce distorsion, normaly all designes try to avoid! The result is a very low distorsion for a tube amplifier below 0,35% at full power. This amp is DC coupled and has no C's in signalpath and a double powersuply.

Ronald

watt puppy clone and all krell

Almost finish with my first pair of diy speaker. Still stuck on the crossover and still need to learn a lot more. I'm just a newbie.

Krell Transport and preamp.
Krell KAS amplifier.

Attachments

• dsc00344 (small).jpg
    dsc00344 (small).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 4,259
Well, here's an ok pic of my own system. It's using a redesigned thor, with a 2-way section using excel drivers up top, and a 8" sub on the lower back. They've been in my system for around 7 years now, ever since I got them from zalytron. They've got great imaging, midrange and soundstaging, and the subs also extend quite nicely into the lower ranges -- I use a sub sometimes for movies, but that's it. My source is a Meridian 586.2 DVD player and an Arcam AVR200 handles switching and amplification. :)

Attachments

• original-system.jpg
    original-system.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 3,685
my system

hi,

here is my system, i am a student so i have little money to upgrade.

the Technics SCHD70 was £100 of ebay 2 years ago and the Tannoy DC1000 were £90 of ebay 2 months ago, i also have a Fergurson R115D DAB radio.
Sounds good, i want to upgrade to a second hand Denon component system soon.

Pic below, i do have 2 speakers, they just wouldnt fit in the pic.

Attachments

• pict0105.jpg
    pict0105.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 2,825
Bose(o), BobEllis,
I agree with what you say; Letter writing skill is best picked up when young.
Unfortunately, in my experience, such skills were acknowledged with scorn. It could be because I work in a different part of the globe where most bosses have an inferiority complex due to their inabilities.
Lynchingacers,
I'm sure you can write better, you were just a tad lazy at the time you posted.

Regarding my system,
-Phillips DVD player
-JVC HT AV Receiver(100W x 5, I doubt it's true)
-DIY mains speaker(wave cannon-back tube only) using 3way
Pioneer Car Speakers & RadioShack piezo horn loaded Tweeters
-DIY centre(wave cannon) and rear speakers(Bass Reflex)
-DIY sealed sub using Sony Xplod driver
-200W Sub amp Car type powered by 40A Transformer(240/12V)& Bridge Rectifier

I'll post pics when I find $$$ to buy a nice digital camera.
Regards,
Francis

Here is my system

2x Peerless HDS 850439 + Seas 27TDFC MTM mains (still tweaking crossovers, but they sound really good, PM me for crossover/measurements info if you want it, you can probably just see the inductors i wound)
2x LSK M6 kit Surrounds (Vifa D19TD + Dayton 6in classic)
Adire tempest 195 litre ported subwoofer, to be rebuilt into a 340 litre EBS
Yamaha RXV-640 reciever
Generic 2x 300wrms into 8 ohm PA amplifier for subwooofer
Flexy Rack :D

Attachments

• system 1.jpg
    system 1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 2,932