System Pictures & Description

WoW!!! im jelous of what everyones got!!

Man all these speakers are sooooo good!!!

this was my setup a couple of years ago..
it has:
sonytech (some budget brand) 5 channel amp
Electrovoice Interface III series II speakers (which parts wernt original)
Panasonic 3 way speakers
Technics old school speaker (i used for centre channel)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

this was my setup from last year...
which has some of the same equipment with the addition of the technics graphic eq.

the Electrovoice speakers i had, i actually sold on ebay (the electrovoice tweeter and passive radiator were only the original parts)
i kept the boxes, which i put in 12" polycone speakers and motorola piezo horns from Jaycar Electronics (www.jaycar.com.au)

this is my current setup which i have sold a few things making room for my next setup i am going to have.

i have still got my jaycar speakers, but i added a midrange into the box cause i had an irritating noise at around 2khz (i didnt x-over the woofer cause of piezo tweet)

i have got a x-over now minus the tweet freqs cause my motorola horns do that. my mids are crossed at 600hz.

my stereo i am using is a crappy panasonic 2 channel stereo that does the job until i tend to upgrade.

i also have this sub too which i dont have an amp to run it off. i have no idea what the specs of this sub is due to the brand which i have not really heard of (linear design) but i sounds okay in the box i have it in.

here are my recent pics.

i am on my way to building basshorns which i have the wood for and i will be using the pioneer TSW-305c 12" woofers for them.

i also plan to build new mains, but i dunno what to make yet.

hope you like. it's only basic but it does the job for me for now
:D

my new toy's.

Attachments

• top-speaker.jpg
    top-speaker.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 3,605
New photos of Basement Blasters In their Native Environment

The Left and Right speakers are shown in my basement. They are currently being driven by a Crown K2 and have a useable frequency response from 20 hz to beyond 20 khz @ 101db/w/m. the Basement Blasters are 2 1/2 way speakers with driver complements of three JBL 2226J's and a 2445J driving a B&C ME75 90 x 40 degree CD horn. They are tuned to 22 hz (ports are barely visible at bottom) and with my passive bass boost circuit plus room gain they are subjectively flat to nearly that frequency.

I've succeeded in taming the response aberrations up to about 10khz of the 2445J through a special xover that uses a tapped inductor to match the LF levels. These speakers are time aligned and can reproduce recognizable square waves from about 100hz to over 2khz. They don't do badly with music, either.

Attachments

• bb7d.jpg
    bb7d.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 4,099
Basement speaker

Top is JBL 2420 in a cast aluminum horn that my friend made for me.
Mid is TAD TL 1101H in separate sealed compartment.
Woofer is 15" engineering sample from work [one-obtanium].
Crossover is kxproject audigy dsp [ of course ;) ], 140Hz, 800Hz.
Amps are gainclones for now, have 400 wpc amp to assemble.
I will try porting both compartments when I finish coughing up sawdust from the initial build :yuck:

Attachments

• 2420.jpg
    2420.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 3,670