System Pictures & Description

@Porsche I appreciate the equipment and arrangement in your photo. Since this is a DIY forum, and you made the speakers that appear in the photo, I'd like to say they are amazing. I look at photos to see things, and these speakers are pretty awesome looking. I would not post my system as in a photo because not a single component is made by me. I'm just getting started, but having fun along the way. The fact that what I've assembled looks like someone's nightmare (its actually pretty cool!) doesn't come into play, just that not a single component was made by me, not even the bails of owens-corning in the corners:)

Reactions: 1 user
I don't post much here, mostly because I don't venture much farther into DIY audio than buying kits and throwing them in custom chassis (I'm a fabricator, not an electronics engineer).

My main system uses an old set of Martin Logan Aerius I electrostatic speakers. These have Dayton Reference 8" woofers mounted to custom laser cut steel baffles. Both the panel and woofer are electronically crossed over with a Dayton DSP 408. Amplification is a Jeff Rowland model 1 and a Crown XLS.

They sounded amazing in my apartment but in my new house with hardwood everything and almost zero soft objects they really need some work, they don't sound great. Overall they're cool speakers to play with and definitely leave a lot on the table in stock from.

1000002599.jpg
20230219_123652533.jpg

20230218_141859186.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry Mr. Porsche,
you cannot convince me that you have spent all the effort for such a professional build with all the electroacoustic engineering and craftsmanship effort just for fun.
The probably most well kept secret is how much the pair of speakers cost the customer that ordered them.
In my eyes your post (https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/system-pictures-description.23208/post-7558193) here is more or less a no cost advertisement for your (small) company but even though a company with a clear commercial interest.
Most probably the advertisement in Image HiFi is too expensive, i guess.
The vast majority of the member here are private persons with a lot of enthusiasm for the audio hobby.
P.S.: already the alias Porsche (i would rather take the alias VW Polo for the same direction) tell me that you aren't here to talk to people that decide to build something on their own to save money

Last edited:
Our oldschool soundsystem for freeparties ;) all DIY before we replaced everything it with quality speakers from TOA, RCF, KS Audio and Stage Acompany, btw. the old speakers sound good but driving all with oldschool low-budget power amps kills a lot…

2 x 15“ Scoops
2 x 18“ Scoops
4 x Double 18“ InfraSubs
2 x Martin-Bin
4 x Eliminator
some horns
and few other mids and highs

Attachments

• IMG_9881.jpeg
    IMG_9881.jpeg
    365.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_9882.jpeg
    IMG_9882.jpeg
    250.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_9886.jpeg
    IMG_9886.jpeg
    450.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_9885.jpeg
    IMG_9885.jpeg
    410.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_9884.jpeg
    IMG_9884.jpeg
    488 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_9883.jpeg
    IMG_9883.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: 2 users
I don't post much here, mostly because I don't venture much farther into DIY audio than buying kits and throwing them in custom chassis (I'm a fabricator, not an electronics engineer).

My main system uses an old set of Martin Logan Aerius I electrostatic speakers. These have Dayton Reference 8" woofers mounted to custom laser cut steel baffles. Both the panel and woofer are electronically crossed over with a Dayton DSP 408. Amplification is a Jeff Rowland model 1 and a Crown XLS.

They sounded amazing in my apartment but in my new house with hardwood everything and almost zero soft objects they really need some work, they don't sound great. Overall they're cool speakers to play with and definitely leave a lot on the table in stock from.

View attachment 1268411 View attachment 1268416
View attachment 1268417
what else are you doing to them ? always loved the shape of these . would it be too much if I was to ask could you trace an outline of the side profile of the speakers on say a roll of lining paper. if you could measure the dimensions in a way that would allow me to Copy the Shape on a sheet of mdf it would be really appreciated . maybe front to back depth every 100mm marked on the height would do it
thanks in advance/ anyway