System Pictures & Description - Page 222 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd November 2012, 01:09 AM   #2211
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to James Lehman
Here are two other systems that I designed and built over the past several years.

Metal by James Lehman ~ Extra Stimulus Inc.

Extra Stimulus Speakers

James.
Old 28th November 2012, 12:53 AM   #2212
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Pachkowsky View Post
The preamp is a part of the DEQX system (DEQX High Definition Audio). These are 4-way and require 2 Deqx PDC's with a digital link between them. As far as the source goes. I have a modded sony dvd player.

I sold my HR-1's to a recording studio just south of you in Portland.

Yes, its unfortunate Westlake does not have a presence in the domestic market. They do most of their business off shore in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan and Russia. Serious audiophile markets where they think nothing of spending 100k plus on monitors. Back in the 70's and 80's all the major studios used Westlake Mains in their control rooms. Here is a pair of SM-1 towers being prepped for shipment to Russia this past June (base is removed and not in picture) they sell for well over 130k. At 1000 lbs each they are a bugger to move. I am 5'7" for reference. Hmmm, is it me or am I am starting to look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy....

Also a photo of my HR7's loaded into my Trailblazer for the trip back home. Not a mark on them when I got home.....whew!

Ken
you dont wonder why ppl dont buy thise, its bc mostly your paying for the craftmansship, the units use would prob not exceed 5k$ total

they look different in a cool way, but as a diy paying 30k-100k for 5k in parts seems upside down

Last edited by Simple100; 28th November 2012 at 01:03 AM.
Old 5th December 2012, 07:36 AM   #2213
Banned

My custom horn speaker, comes along fine with tube gears but currently connected to a Marantz PM15S2 for now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0588.JPG (111.9 KB, 2331 views)
Old 19th December 2012, 09:54 AM   #2214
diyAudio Member

hi beeneh,
I have now moved to indonesia and specifically Surabaya. I was wondering where i can get speaker building supplies considering the expense of importing items from Aus or US any assistance would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beneeh View Post
Here is the recent project I've done with AM team. This time we experimented a bit with HiVi Swans drivers. The cabinet was inspired by the design of mark 21 by troels, made using mahony wood.
It is a 3 way system, using twin woofer for power efficiency to drive this speaker.
Tweeter: Vifa XT19TD00-04 3/4" Ring Radiator
Midrange: HiVi Swan M5A, 5" Alloy Cone
Woofer: 2 x HiVi Swan M6A, 7" Alloy Cone

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 19th December 2012, 09:46 PM   #2215
Pato666 is offline Pato666  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Pato666
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefsinc View Post
hi beeneh,
I have now moved to indonesia and specifically Surabaya. I was wondering where i can get speaker building supplies considering the expense of importing items from Aus or US any assistance would be appreciated.
AWESOME!
Congratulations!
Old 20th December 2012, 07:56 PM   #2216
mental is offline mental  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
hi beeneh,
Hi Chef,

Maybe you could try tokospeaker.com, but I haven't had any dealings with them yet.

hope that helps

Dave
Old 21st December 2012, 02:32 PM   #2217
diyAudio Member

thank you thats a great help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental View Post
Hi Chef,

Maybe you could try tokospeaker.com, but I haven't had any dealings with them yet.

hope that helps

Dave
Old 4th January 2013, 09:12 AM   #2218
diyAudio Member

Quote:
this is the vaudax with new wood veneer as described above.
I decided to tidy up my external crossovers and Found some leather wrapped jewelry boxes at a Mall here in Surabaya. They really turned out nice and now all my speakers have the crossovers in these beautiful leather boxes sitting ontop of the speakers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg external crossover 1resize.jpg (155.7 KB, 1625 views)
File Type: jpg external crossover 2 resize.jpg (158.9 KB, 424 views)
File Type: jpg external crossover 3 resize.jpg (172.0 KB, 512 views)
File Type: jpg external crossover 4 resize.jpg (152.7 KB, 501 views)
Old 9th January 2013, 04:33 AM   #2219
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I decided to tidy up my external crossovers and Found some leather wrapped jewelry boxes at a Mall here in Surabaya. They really turned out nice and now all my speakers have the crossovers in these beautiful leather boxes sitting ontop of the speakers.
Those look great in those boxes!

Im a newb when it comes to fancy crossover stuff... can you enlighten me as to why the components in those crossovers are so large? Those look like they are the size of large amps!
Old 9th January 2013, 04:38 AM   #2220
Face is offline Face  United States
diyAudio Member

chefsinc, you really shouldn't have your inductors orientated in that way: Placement of coils in crossover networks

Hide this!Advertise here!