System Pictures & Description

This is the front. The bottom woofer is a little bit of a different color. I had four matching woofers, but then a dropped one and had to use the one that you see one the bottom.
Do you know if the AL 200 will work as drop in replacment for the Zetag 8" woofer. I have built a pair of 3 ways with 2ea of the Zetag 8" woofers. They sound very good. I want to build another pair and finding 4 Zetag 8" woofers is going to be tough.

Hi guys! Hope I post in the right threads.
Don’t know if it’s worth it to have their own thread, but there’s not much to them.

Wanted to share my CSS Criton finished speaker. First time I post picture online of the speakers. Wanted to wait and have professional pictures taken. But all the photographer I know are sooo buddy right now. So I figured I take a couple and share with you.

So, as I said, their CSS Audio Criton 1TD pair as left and right, and 2TD as a Center channel.

• 3/4 Baltic birch plywood.
• all joint are dado joint.
• 1/2 white corian as baffle backed with 3/4 Baltic birch plywood.
• 1TD boxes uses mittered edge.
• 2TD boxes has 3/8 x3/4 dado/rabbet edge.
• designed and 3D printed grill stand off
• designed and 3D printed 2in x 9in port
• designed and 3D printed terminal cup for binding post.
• Laser cut acrylic grill. Paradigm pattern inspired.
• laxer etched front grill with my initials.
• Zinc plated wood screws that I have striped and then blacked (as the screws that came with the kit weren’t long enough to go screw into the baffle backing plywood).

Here’s the final result:
F071B6BB-EE6B-4429-831A-9E45A6FDA31F.jpeg

69746ECD-13C2-415C-90BA-4FE9449E4945.jpeg

115196C5-1593-4271-91F0-B688FE929004.jpeg

87ACB712-4251-4BA7-BD2E-19818D9E1174.jpeg

1D5595DA-7003-41C6-8E25-C8D6DEDADB47.jpeg

It’s really subtle, but it’s there. Didn’t want something too much “in your face”
65ADEC84-9B6B-41E3-89AE-E368455E6639.jpeg

What’s left of the build:
• plaque with information and year of the build. I originally did something like this, but changed the terminal cup in the design stage. Thinking of : etched corian, or 3D printed. We’ll see what I come up with. Open to suggestion as to what should appear on such plaque.
9BF5CB78-BFFD-4DA4-83F8-77F43895F999.jpeg

• I also want to custom make cable with better finish.

Hope you guys like my build, and it’s the right time place to post even tho I haven’t design the speaker itself. I think I made something unique and good looking with good craftsmanship!

Thanks for reading me!
Happy holidays!

• Thank You
Reactions: 7 users
Thanks a lot. Was my first speaker build.
The chamfer edge was definitely a challenge. And that’s why I went with dado/rabbet joinery for the 2TD. Was able to cut and glue as good as I’d like.

Went with acrylic front plate to make it more unique. Love the look of it and didn’t mind if I lost a bit of sound quality for protection against my 1yo child.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Very pretty, but I have concern, how do you listen that speakers with bas reflex so close to the wall.
Unfortunately it’s all about trade off! 🤷🏼‍♂️

When I have more place in a future house, I’ll get to enjoy them as they are supposed to sound. Or maybe I’ll make speaker stand and get them off the wall when I need to.

But for my every use, the placement is fine.

Also, currently, I have a 10in jamo to support the bass for those speaker. And currently designing and building a dual opposed Dayton UM15 to replace the jamo 10in subwoofer.

PXL_20221110_203713590.jpg

Hi there,

I'm new here 🤘

Viawave GRT-145/4 Waveguide and Purifi PTT6.5X04-NFA-01
Mini DSP DDRC24
IcePower 50asx2 and 125asx2

Node N130 serving as preamp, optical out to DSP
Micro Seiki BL51 turntable, AT20sla pickup, 2pi phono pre (DIY)
SPL Phonitor 2370 for headphone listening

Speakers are currently "under development"

Reactions: 6 users
Thank you :) And yes, you will eventually get to the point where you recognise that the room is the problem for progress, unless you treat your room as an audio component you will be stuck with a certain presentation colored by the room. I think that modest setups can just as well benefit from room treatment. I see many people using fancy power cables (makes a difference, I guess) but acoustics ruin the potential benefit, in the sense that after a while you are again dissatisfied and wanting to try something else in the hope that it gets better, but no matter what you try, you will not be able to hear the real potential. I am not saying that you cannot enjoy music without room treatment, you can enjoy a good song from a transistor radio... Just my opinion of course, some rooms are more forgiving than others and may sound o.k. without extensive treatment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Our newest Master Artist member. The Master Artist Reference Monitor. Custom networks using the famous Dynaudio Esotar drivers wired with Kimber 4tc and WBT binding post. Wrapped in Porsche Black with real Macassar Ebony inlays. Bass module coming

Attachments

• manbkm.jpg
    manbkm.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 562
  • malpop.jpg
    malpop.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 223
Reactions: 3 users