System Pictures & Description - Page 18 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th December 2003, 10:06 PM   #171
darkm4n is offline darkm4n  Romania
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to darkm4n Send a message via MSN to darkm4n Send a message via Yahoo to darkm4n
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image010.jpeg (62.1 KB, 8212 views)
Old 24th December 2003, 10:09 PM   #172
darkm4n is offline darkm4n  Romania
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to darkm4n Send a message via MSN to darkm4n Send a message via Yahoo to darkm4n
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image012.jpeg (25.1 KB, 8045 views)
Old 25th December 2003, 01:54 AM   #173
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to tpenguin Send a message via AIM to tpenguin Send a message via Yahoo to tpenguin
Wow. Interesting setup you have there. I guess sound is more important than aesthetics to you. I'm sort of one to leave equipment strewn around, myself. However, if I left it open like that, my dog would destroy it. I think you should post that in the 'ugly amp' thread if you haven't already . By the way, I've never heard any OB speakers before. How do they sound compared to sealed/ported/PR?

Quote:
Originally posted by Flemming J P
And now to something completely different.

The following picture might seem distributing to some people .

First off, it actualy works and I think it sounds pretty good.

The DAC (the stuff below the TV and in the shoebox) was the first I built from scratch. Currently it is a 2 X 1541S1 NOS using Elso's async reclocking, CS8412. I/V is done by opa627 followed by a buf634.

The speakers are fostex FE206E OB (they have moved on to some larger spiral shaped baffels). For bass I use JBL2225 in former bas reflex boxes now seal. They are soon gonna be OB too. (Yes I know not the perfect drivers for OB, but I want to try anyway)

In order to get a decent response from the JBL they are getting a 12db boost, which accorid to my calculations should make them roll off at 50 hz
XO: Highpass is a 6 db line level XO in front of an opa627 with gain of 1. Lowpass starts with my bass boost and the XO is the ASHLY.

The amps are 4 lm3886, each with a 300VA and 2 X 1000 uf silmic. Next project for them are regulation and then a decent box!

And if I haven't given you any reason to flame my setup: The total count of regulators is 37.... all lm317 and lm337

Merry Christmas
Old 25th December 2003, 11:17 AM   #174
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Flemming J P
Quote:
Wow. Interesting setup you have there. I guess sound is more important than aesthetics to you.
Yes and no. But when I have build something I want results fast, and most of the stuff is still prototypes with lots of changes on the drawing board.

Only the amps will get boxes in the near future.

Quote:
I'm sort of one to leave equipment strewn around, myself. However, if I left it open like that, my dog would destroy it.
All my pets are locked any. Last time they got near my setup, my dac suffered 4 cut wires, lucky for the dac and the pet, that it wasn't on.

Quote:
I think you should post that in the 'ugly amp' thread if you haven't already.
I will, the amps have some very unusual features

Quote:
By the way, I've never heard any OB speakers before. How do they sound compared to sealed/ported/PR?
I can't say anything about the bass department yet, but for the midrange more air, more detail. I'm never going to cage a midrange again
Old 25th December 2003, 03:07 PM   #175
diyAudio Member

Default Oh, HT stuff

Quote:
Originally posted by michael
i really dont mean to offend anyone but can anyone tell me why all us DIYers have our fantastic diy speakers subs etc all connected to either an old computer and/or a small 48cm tv, perhaps if diy tvs were practical we would have huge ones, any thoughts?
I've separated music from HT and were I to do it over again I'd go with a front projector. I haven't made it pretty yet but it sounds great. The center channel is still in development, the black column on the right is a Shiva 'tube, on the left a vented Tempest, my Isa mains, Pyle Pro amp, BFD, JVC 5.1 receiver, Toshiba DVD, and Toshiba 65" HDTV and Dish receiver.
My web page.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg htview2.jpg (38.3 KB, 8360 views)
Old 25th December 2003, 04:15 PM   #176
diyAudio Member

vs. the music setup. Bipole Voigt pipes, S5 Electronics amp, Sony SACD player, Adire AV8 sonotube powered with the Apex Jr 25 watt plate amp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg voigtw14.jpg (34.6 KB, 8336 views)
Old 25th December 2003, 04:19 PM   #177
diyAudio Member

Default S5 tube amp

modded from the original kit design
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s5ampweb.jpg (8.8 KB, 7865 views)
Old 25th December 2003, 11:13 PM   #178
diyAudio Member

Default this setup caused WAF problems

wich one serves as pc-speaker?
Old 26th December 2003, 12:13 AM   #179
diyAudio Member

sorry the picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg box10.jpg (33.9 KB, 7843 views)
Old 27th December 2003, 11:42 AM   #180
Doug is offline Doug  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default JBL Pics

Hi Lieven;

Are those JBL 4435's in the center of the picture? And on the left L250 WX's ? Circa 1981 or 1982 ?

Doug

Hide this!Advertise here!