System Pictures & Description

New Toy :) :D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

:) :D

Hi Xmax!

Unfortunately I'm not very tech-savy. So I was wondering if you'd be willing to tell me what type of caps the black and white caps are that you used in your crossover? Also why did you use the black caps in one place and the white caps in another? Do they have certain qualities that are best used in different locations in the crossover?

TIA for your time.

I'm listening to: Trust by Graus & Bronzwaer

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)

Alphaeta System - 4 way club sound system for High Fidelity Music Experience

Its a clasic design with Faital & 18Sound Speakers powered by Ram audio and processed by NSTaudio

The system can be upgraded from digital to analog, 4way or 5 way analog processor, system upgrade from 4 to 5 way, paint, veneer and another ampliers...

The enclosures are made from MDF-18mm
System RMS Power - 9600W

The system was designed for a live club in Bucharest (Romania) - Audio designer : Paul Constantinescu(DJaudioLab) on facebook

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,489
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 1,572
My Madisound HDS kit build

Here is my build of the Madisound HDS Home theater kit. I opted for the ported kit. I followed the instructions from Madisound almost exactly. Internal dimentions are 17"X5.5"X7.75" for a Vb of 725 cubic inches or 11.9 liters. The 2" diameter port is 5" long, tuned to 59Hz.
I used 3/4" solid oak for the baffle, and 3/4" oak plywood for the other 5 sides. The solid oak allowed me to router a 3/4" radius curve around the baffle. I also made the port flare by routering out the port opening.
The detail and clarity of these speakers are just exceptional! And without being harsh or fatiguing. I love listening to these speakers!

Attachments

• build cost Madisound HDS kit.jpg
    build cost Madisound HDS kit.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 596
  • HDS kit both channels.pdf
    298.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Madisound HDS kit baffle_to publish.jpg
    Madisound HDS kit baffle_to publish.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 1,126
  • Madisound HDS kit finished to publish.jpg
    Madisound HDS kit finished to publish.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,255
I can answer the types.

The black ones are Mundorf Supremes.
The white ones are Mundorf Mcap EVO Aluminum Oils.

Later,
Wolf

Hi Wolf, which of the two are the better sounding ones to use as output coupling caps in a DAC? I ask this question because I just obtained a Musical Paradise MP-D2 DAC that allows the user to easily "roll" the caps like you would tubes! Check it out here: Musical Paradise MP-D2 DAC TIA for your help...

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)

The speakers front and rear is black. For the sides I planned a kind of veneer (not sure yet)

It's all 25mm MDF. The front section, where the driver are fitted, is made out of two layers (25mm + 30mm) glued together. I'll add some pictures.

Attachments

• 2016-09-06 18.57.02.jpg
    2016-09-06 18.57.02.jpg
    784.2 KB · Views: 3,165
  • 2016-09-04 23.06.31.jpg
    2016-09-04 23.06.31.jpg
    984.4 KB · Views: 3,060