System Pictures & Description

oh, almost forgot, here is a rundown of whats going on with it all:

fronts: magnepan 1.6QR's
rears: magnepan SMGc's
center: phantom with fronts
subwoofer: deftech supercube reference
display: panasonic 36" tube (to be a loewe soon, i hope)
source: denon DVD-2200, sacd/dvda/dvd/cd
preamp/processor/receiver: yamaha rx-v1300 (waiting for new B&K to come out)
front channel amps: rotel 1070 per channel (bi-amped), will be rear channel amps when alephs are finished :rolleyes:
rear channel amps: yamaha for now...
front speaker cables: synergistic research mark IIs and audioquest pike's peak w/ 48v DBS
interconnects: synergistic audio 2000
power cords: signal cable magic power, virtual dynamics basic power
video cables: audioquest VSD-1
power conditioning: 2x monster power HTS5100, one dedicated for audio, one for video. (currently for sale, getting richard gray unit)

PHEW!

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Loudspeakerkits:

Those line arrays are about as cool looking as it gets! I really need a couple stacks like that in my living room ;)
I'll be interestd in seeing your other kits as they are posted.
A couple of the models listed don't have links. Maybe the "micro" or SM model will work at home?
I've got 2 WPU 15 Selenium woofers and their d205ti 1" drivers sitting around......

Variac said:
Loudspeakerkits:

Those line arrays are about as cool looking as it gets! I really need a couple stacks like that in my living room ;)
I'll be interestd in seeing your other kits as they are posted.
A couple of the models listed don't have links. Maybe the "micro" or SM model will work at home?
I've got 2 WPU 15 Selenium woofers and their d205ti 1" drivers sitting around......

Keep an eye in it there will be more on the way. It takes quite the set up to get a new one out. Work in progress for sure

:rolleyes:

BTW look at my Ford Audio site and hit the sound page and look for the link to the HCLA Project you will get a kick out of this one.

What a great forum you guys have!!

I hope that I can gain 0.0000001% of the knowledge that you guy have! now where did I put that 18" woofer?:scratch1:
Thanks in advance for any and all help that you help me with!
Shane
Here are some pics

Attachments

• 1p2210251.jpg
    1p2210251.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 6,555
Thank goodness for broadband!

Originally posted by michael
i really dont mean to offend anyone but can anyone tell me why all us DIYers have our fantastic diy speakers subs etc all connected to either an old computer and/or a small 48cm tv, perhaps if diy tvs were practical we would have huge ones, any thoughts?

Well perhaps,unlike yourself,i cannot afford everything ;-)

Its good to see so many DIY projects, i get sick of HIFI forums were everythings prebought and then the owners stuff up things without knowning what actualy happens when u replace ur xovers etc..

heres my projects so far-
Bass is my favourite for now.
40hz 2m expo horn with 8" cheapie driver on it,hornresp modeled.
115db at listening position,good enough :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

lastyears project, jbl2226 15" in 175L 33hz tune,good for music, you really get more lows with the low tune its good.

Both of these run of 20w for now,and yes it is rather loud, the jbl only averages 106db in room but because it reaches low, it seems a rather 'solid presence' !

im getting 350watt plate amp in next few months..
planning a 33hz horn here

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

im just planning on a few of these for tv/pc
http://www1.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=KC5150&CATID=&keywords=amplifier&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=

My problems now are- finding good info on
- designing horn main systems
in particular - matching DI etc, matching HF units with midrange horns... Like adrian macks horns.

ive got to use this speaker too on something,,

Just one glance of my almost 20 years old magnetostatic speakers - "La Folia" - an Apogee Clone from a danish magazine "high fidelity".

The picture shows the back of the speaker, that made of small magnets - strips of window alarm ribbon on a plastic membrane of folie for use in an oven.
Low technology!

Unfortunately you can't hear the performance.

Jørn

Attachments

• la folia back.jpg
    la folia back.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 7,178
woofes said:
And mine =)

loudspeakerstuff from Thiel, Eton, TC Sound.

Amp and PreAmp from LC Audio. CD-player, Pioneer PD-S06...
NAD 218THX is driving those TC:s...

That's the C23, isn't it? I will use those too icw C-Quenze 18H52 and Lambda SB12 (more or less the same setup, only sealed enclosure). Still in progress btw

What mid/high filter do you use (first, second, third order, xover frequency, bessel/butterworth/LWR etc)?

Disabled Account
Joined 2003
This weekend proved it: I'm suffering a disease - a vintage speaker collecting disease ;)

Once again, I was going to a recycling center i had not visited before and found so much old radios, speakers and stuff.. I wish I would have more money to buy them all :bawling:

Of course I'm still only a beginner in this hobby - but it doesn't prevent me from taking some pictures about my newest purchase: :smash: :spin:

Attachments

• onkyo1b.jpg
    onkyo1b.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 5,431