System Pictures & Description

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
With the LD25X we compromised the optimal Zd of the VWR,

These were the options (the 3rd was our choice) -- LD22 has a 7mm smaller diameter, allowing for less compromise:

attachment.php

dave

Attachments

• MTM-options-FH3-twin.gif
    MTM-options-FH3-twin.gif
    31.3 KB · Views: 5,554
Improved Madisound Cygnet MK2 speakers

Here are my daily users which i built and then rebuilt a while ago. They are shown to be standing on the floor but they are of course supposed to be bookshelf or stand mounted.

It's a cygnet mk2 kit which I got from madisound.

I wasn't satisfied with the original kit due to "cardboard tapping" like sound :mad: , which is why I have opted for a 2nd order XO and different XO frequency, and opted for a round port at the back instead of the crazy square port on the original.

Huge improvement over the madisound series XO and enclosure, even if i do say so myself. :cheers:

Original thread link:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/150218-mtm-design.html

Picture of the finished article:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/150218-mtm-design-6.html#post2211134

Summary of mods:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/150218-mtm-design-7.html#post2211864

Attachments

• DSC00370.JPG
    DSC00370.JPG
    450.1 KB · Views: 2,499
Last edited:
G5JZ9Sc.jpg

A work in progress, should be done in the spring.

SEOS 24, BMS coaxial compression driver, AE TD-15M in a passive resistive cardioid enclosure, AE TD-15S in a stuffed 5ft^3 enclosure(Q=.5). CD has passive filters, the woofers are active. Coming soon is a rear firing 15" woofer with delay, to make the woofer section a cardioid too.

The tower of POWER ;)

G5JZ9Sc.jpg

A work in progress, should be done in the spring.

SEOS 24, BMS coaxial compression driver, AE TD-15M in a passive resistive cardioid enclosure, AE TD-15S in a stuffed 5ft^3 enclosure(Q=.5). CD has passive filters, the woofers are active. Coming soon is a rear firing 15" woofer with delay, to make the woofer section a cardioid too.
Great pic of your system :cool:.
Are they Crown Xti amps if so which models ,are you happy with them ,looking at using the crowns as well .
Cheers
Mal

Great pic of your system :cool:.
Are they Crown Xti amps if so which models ,are you happy with them ,looking at using the crowns as well .
Cheers
Mal

Thanks!

Crown XTi1002 and 2002. I'm happy with them in this system as they're powerful, very versatile and don't sound bad. Since this is a high efficiency system it's not a problem, but with low efficiency speakers, fan noise is a real issue. I also have a pair of full range 84dB towers, at moderate listening levels the fan was screaming. Fortunately, they don't even turn on in this system.

Thanks!

Crown XTi1002 and 2002. I'm happy with them in this system as they're powerful, very versatile and don't sound bad. Since this is a high efficiency system it's not a problem, but with low efficiency speakers, fan noise is a real issue. I also have a pair of full range 84dB towers, at moderate listening levels the fan was screaming. Fortunately, they don't even turn on in this system.

Thanks mate for the info :cool: .
Cheers
Mal

Hi , thanks i put alot of work in the design. For the big ones on the right i use seas 27TBC/G, seas u18rnx and two dayton rs225. They have Linkwitz Riley 2. order.
Bass: +-- 4,7mh-------------+
-------------------|125uf --- -

Mid: 1,8mh--------100uf----------+
---------------| 6,8uf ---|6,8mh-- -

Tweeter: +-- 4,7mh------------- 2 ohm ------------- +
---------------------| 0,55mh-----------| 10 ohm --- -

Im very satisfied with how they sound. I dont have measument equipment, so took quite a wile to test different combinations, the clarity overall sound is impressive, deep powerfull bass. For making the round sides i used 5 layers of 3mm pine/mdf , bent over a "skeleton" of mdf, 6 liters was used in the prosess.:yummy: The mid have ofcourse its own chamber of ca. 6 liters.

Last edited:
We build these a couple months ago for my daughter.
At the right side you can see the 2e hand Eidolons ; we have been testing several units till we had , for our ears , a superior sound.
Took us about 14 months to come to the right choices.
And 4tweeters , 6midranges , 4woofers.!!
We used a dbx driverack and aleph pass for getting the x-over points.
The x-over now is aircore , mundorf ; so passive for the final sound tweak etc.
About 59kg each .
She is going to paint them herself with "pictures" on the sides ; has her own ideas about design.

Attachments

• P1010586.jpg
    P1010586.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 2,218
  • P1010477.jpg
    P1010477.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 2,140
  • P1010585.jpg
    P1010585.jpg
    856.2 KB · Views: 2,061
I decided to sell them because I would like to build something else.

I like that honesty; not because you need anything better or these have any issues, but just want to build something new :D

They look fantastic and I'm sure your new build will be top quality, look forward to seeing it :) . I use those tweeters myself, very good transient response but the limited vertical dispersion can be a bit restrictive. Are the woofers sealed?