System Pictures & Description - Page 108 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th September 2006, 12:50 AM   #1071
diyAudio Member

Default almost done...

these are 65" high 40" wide they are going to hold my 2+2 acoustats .
in a day or 2 should be working.
the back panel was made from 1" mdf cut by cnc that's why it's so perfect.total thickness is 2 1/4"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg audio maison low.001.jpg (78.0 KB, 4289 views)
Old 23rd September 2006, 01:35 AM   #1072
diyAudio Member

here they are finish but now the problem I have is a lot of reverb,echo,cancelation,It sounds as if I have 2 more speakers behind me the sound bounces everywhere.would it be good to cover the back wall and the sides with that green panel?and the other thing I have a problem is setting the tweeters,cause it's slider inside the box to which I have to unscrew slide on a big resistor (i think).could it be possible to change that if not how can I get them to have the same setting?(multimetre,ohms,voltage etc..)
a friend of mine has acoustats 2+2 and he has a pot outside the box to adjust.could I modify mine to be adjustable from the outside?my room is 14'x36' and the wall on the other end is a brick wall with a wood stove so can't put anything there...as you can see on the other picture before....

any ideas would be apreciated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg audio maison low.036.jpg (65.8 KB, 4367 views)
Old 23rd September 2006, 01:38 AM   #1073
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Quote:
Originally posted by newfinish
here they are finish but now the problem I have is a lot of reverb,echo,cancelation,It sounds as if I have 2 more speakers behind me the sound bounces everywhere.would it be good to cover the back wall and the sides with that green panel?and the other thing I have a problem is setting the tweeters,cause it's slider inside the box to which I have to unscrew slide on a big resistor (i think).could it be possible to change that if not how can I get them to have the same setting?(multimetre,ohms,voltage etc..)
a friend of mine has acoustats 2+2 and he has a pot outside the box to adjust.could I modify mine to be adjustable from the outside?my room is 14'x36' and the wall on the other end is a brick wall with a wood stove so can't put anything there...as you can see on the other picture before....

any ideas would be apreciated

Maybe build some bas traps for the corner's more carpet on the floor. I bet that shiny floor is concrete and it helps make things echo alot.
Old 23rd September 2006, 01:49 AM   #1074
diyAudio Member

my bass is not at it's best (possibly of all the echo I have)and the floor is comercial tiles,plywwod with 2x3's and then ciment floor.also the ceiling is suspended with acoustic isolator(brown itchy stuff)
I have bass because the floor in my bedroom shakes. but just doesn't show downstairs at least not as it feels upstairs
Old 23rd September 2006, 01:53 AM   #1075
Banned

ok the sound could be coming from the tiles being so bright and hardened. It is probably echoing because of them. I don't see much dampening stuff in that room.
Old 23rd September 2006, 02:50 AM   #1076
diyAudio Member

that's my point Idon't have much besides one of my wife's quilts paded with pur cotton,about 1/8" thick,but should I start covering the sidewalls or the whole back since my acoustats are dipole,to minimise reflections comin from the back.?
because before with my conventional speaker I didnt have that much echo.very little to say.
Old 26th September 2006, 06:18 PM   #1077
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Default Horn loaded isobaric subwoofer

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 5th October 2006, 02:12 AM   #1078
diyAudio Member

finally my bass and image appeared!!!
had inverted the wiresin the interface on one side
but now wow!! what a difference the sound is awsome!!
great deep bass very low.huge sound stage image is pin point,great overall very happy with the results.
gotta still work the room but a lot less then i thought
Old 6th October 2006, 10:11 AM   #1079
Icelade is offline Icelade  France
diyAudio Member

Hi everybody,

I've discovered your forum this week and this is my first post here. I want to share my different projects for 10 years, and most of it my last project with Fountek ribbon tweeters and Cquenze audiotehnology speakers : the ICELANTE.

Somme fews pics, the other can be viewed on my webblog HERE

The icelante project
Old 9th October 2006, 04:51 AM   #1080
Banned

I have not posted here in this thread in a while, so i thought that i wold post this my progress on my davis/seas ported book shelf speaker's.

Jase
Attached Images
File Type: jpg both.jpg (99.3 KB, 3082 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!