Classic Audax Bextrene Units from 80s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My friend has some Audax 8" Bextrene woofers from the late 80's - 8 of them. They have arubber surround that is inverted. They appear to have the smaller magnet and not the huge magnet that I some audax mid-woofers have.
Also some 1" soft dome units with ferrofluid from the same era.

I was thinking of using them in a MTM in a transmission line. Are these drivers even worth re-using?

audax bextrene

There are many different opinions on which bextrene were the best . One thing I know from using so many is that the Dalesford could play cleaner and louder then the kef and audax, especially the oem fried dalesford versions. The audax HD17B37R4C12 were the first raw drivers i ever purchased that were not part of a kit. I still use them as t-line subwoofers with bose cube drivers in micro t-line.

I'm just doing a hardcore DIY project with NOS Audax bextrene cones and am puzzled how poorly these classic units seem to harmonize with the original paper voice coil formers compared to modern Kapton formers (just from knocking on the formers from the rear). I'm looking forward to see the plus in resolution compared to the Spendor speakers I had owned for ten years.

Bass units found in my attic

Could someone please help me with the Thiele-Small parameters for these small beauties, that I found in my attic.
I believe, they are from around 1978 or 9 (not quite 1980's).
They are called by their catchy name: HD 13 B 25 J 8 ohms 4 CP 12.
I found a pdf-file from the original Audax Blue Catalogue of one of it's siblings called HD 13 B 25 H (and either 2 CP 9 or 2CP 12) - likely from the 1981- catalogue.

Thx
Sol

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.