Stuck KEF B110 Driver in Rogers LS3/5a (65th Anniversary Reissue)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I purchased a pair of Rogers LS3/5a (65th Anniversary reissues) about a year ago which have been happily running off a Quad 405 since then. Recently a nasty sound card glitch created a loud signal, which caused one of the KEF B110 bass/mid drivers to stop working.

I opened the cab and pulled out the driver to have a look and it appears to be okay (intact and nothing visibly different from my other working driver) however the speaker cone seems to be stuck, i.e. unable to move back and forth.

Can anyone recognise and explain to me what the problem seems to be? Is this a typical blown driver? Can it be repaired? Any thoughts on how to go about fixing it?

Joined 2010
Paid Member
It is possible that the voice coil former has blistered,which is common for the typical nomex material to do when overheated.Yes it can be repaired and if you want it to be fixed to the original standard then you had better be fussy about who you get to do the service .Knowing your location will help finding a suitable candidate,otherwise a S/H item with the same code may be needed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.