Beyma 12p80nd + TPL-150 - Page 8 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th April 2013, 05:32 PM   #71
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeloitacare View Post
these must me indeed something very special. According to some comments, the 15p80nd has not much lower bass output.
Believe me, these speakers had no trouble with bass. They are the most accurate I've heard from a bass reflex design. The two enclosures have a different tuning frequency which was very good decision.

I really think it is worth trying to keep it 2-way. I think the 12P80Nd has good low frequency potential in the right enclosure.
Old 20th April 2013, 12:03 AM   #72
NiToNi is offline NiToNi  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeloitacare View Post
any suggestion ?
2 x BG Neo10 side-by-side for a square shaped 10 incher?
Old 20th April 2013, 12:52 AM   #73
diyAudio Member

Default New 2013 Beyma TPL drivers

http://profesional.beyma.com/ingles/pdf/TPL150S.pdf

http://profesional.beyma.com/ingles/pdf/TPL150B.pdf

Just noticed the new TPL drivers.

Cheers
Derek.
Old 20th April 2013, 01:16 AM   #74
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill Audio View Post
someone posted the link at my forum. But i have not recognized any difference to the standard one, beside the color of the faceplate......

something like that might be interesting with the beyma combo:

.::W H T L o u d s p e a k e r s - PR4::.
Old 20th April 2013, 12:19 PM   #75
diyAudio Member

I agree.
Old 20th April 2013, 01:09 PM   #76
Hennie is online now Hennie  South Africa
diyAudio Member

From the impedance curve it looks like the fundamental resonance on the new models may be better damped. Perhaps they used a different flow resistor on the rear. The new impedance curve also lacks the peak just below 20kHz.

Otherwise it seems just cosmetic, although I remember Beyma stating some time ago that a higher power version will be announced.
Old 20th April 2013, 02:15 PM   #77
diyAudio Member

that is Paul Squillos amt driver frequency curve. According to his information, it goes flat down to 500hz without a horn, and down to 200hz when hornloaeded. Almost fullrange.....
He has given me a quit reasonable price tag now..... i might try one out in the future.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.[/URL]
Old 21st April 2013, 04:47 AM   #78
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Beyma Professional Loudspeakers

Last but not least, also is introduced an improvement of Beyma’s pleated diaphragm tweeter with two different finishing, the new TPL-150S and TPL150B, offering anodized aluminium finishing with the possibility of choosing between two options, black or metal.

Sad. I was hoping they would come up with a new and improved amt, that extends down at least to 500hz.
Old 24th April 2013, 08:03 AM   #79
Rewind is offline Rewind  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charcoal View Post
Its a pity thatHawthorn audio do not sell hiw horn AMT - it can go down to 500Hz So at 800Hz for example you have much more op tions to mate with sensetive PRO midbasses 10-12 inches.
Why not make a ribbon subwoofer like Transmission Audio. Or AMT sub horn! I doubt that Hawthorn AMT can move enough for 500Hz. Dynamics are probably very low down there.

Last edited by Rewind; 24th April 2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 2nd May 2013, 12:09 AM   #80
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi Angelo,

I agree with StigErik ( only fools disagree!),
Use the Beyma horn (or the Autotech Polish horn) for the TPL, crossover at 1.8KHz or there abouts, any lower and it sounds a bit stressed.

This sadly eliminates a 12 inch mid bass as it will beam too much up high.
How much of a real world issue is this mismatch in dispersion really? OK it is not ideal, on that we can all agree, but how much does it actually impact the sound negatively, if you could quantify it as a percentage of the overall quality of the presentation? Is it 5% or is it 35%? What does this problem actually sound like in the frequency band where it is a problem, i.e. from where the 12" woofer starts to beam till where the TPL-150H takes over, especially for listeners slightly off-center (e.g. in a home theater environment)? And how sensitive is our hearing at the relevant frequencies - perhaps we can't really tell there's a problem?

These two drivers seem to match each other rather well from a sound quality perspective, and it would be a shame if they shouldn't be used together; So is this gap in their optimal passbands a real deal breaker for the more discerning listener or is its importance completely overblown on forums like these, scaring people off from trying out, on purely academic grounds. what would otherwise be a fantastic listening experience?!

By the way, StigErik used the TPL-150H down to approximately 900 Hz to meet a 15P80Nd in his InConcert Miles, which design a lot of people seem to like and enjoy

Last edited by InOtIn; 2nd May 2013 at 12:20 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!