Budget for Surround System?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys,

I'm trying to figure out how much I could potentially spend on a speaker setup for my garage.

This would be only for watching movies, it would need to be able to play well at loud volumes and would have to sound halfway decent.

It would be a 5.1 surround setup.

I've considered five speakers enclosures (FL, FR, Center, RL, RR) with each container having 2 6.5" and one tweeter.

None of this would need to look pretty or be finished.

Is $200 a reasonable budget for this, or would I have to spend substantially more?

Priorities in order:
1) Play loudly
2) Sound good

Thanks! :)

Eddie,
Although,i'm new here,i can afford giving u some advices about building your 5.1 sistem.
First of all,u said:5 speakers equipped with 2-6" and a tweeter....
Why don't u consider using less bass speakers on the satellites(1 6" speaker on each satellite would do,even a smaller diameter is possible),and building a subwoofer ?(a bigger sub with maybe an 8 or even 10" speaker)
Second,in order for me to advise u,can u tell me what amps will u use for the satellites and what brand of speakers do u have in mind?
I built my own 5.1 sound system from top to bottom(wich btw sounds well!:)),and i can tell u that the cost varies depending on what parts u wanna use....
If u r interrested in discussing further more about this,email me or send me a msg.Maybe we get to chat sometime...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.