highly affordable LS cable killer tip

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi all,

Try Mogami 3082 coax speaker cable. In Greece it retails for Euro 9 per metre. Must be available and affordable widely since Mogami is a big pro cable manufacturer.
Its tonal balance is spot on.

Regards

Salas

I see one big problem with the Mogami Coax speaker cable.......shielding. This creates a capacitive load down the length of the cable and acts like a high pass filter. Does anyone find anything wrong with this? For an affordable cable that sounds great, try the Canare 4S11. This is a quad 14 gauge cable. By wrapping two pairs together, you get two conductors at 11 gauge each. I have been using this configuration for a while now, and I am quite happy with it. The bass response is amazing! High end clarity is excellent as well.

Cheers,
Zach

You may be right, but I am still wary of using a coaxial cable for speaker cable. When I checked this cable out a couple of weeks ago, it reminded me a lot of RG-58 cable. Maybe I should hook some test equipment up to it and get some real numbers.

Cheers,
Zach

I use 2534 for interconnects all the time. We have 500 ft spools of it in several different colors at my work. Good stuff. Another great interconnect cable is the Canare GS-6. wonderful stuff! You can go past the 20ft unbalanced limit without losing much high end. Check it out.

Cheers,
Zach

I use both quite often in the pro-audio business. For microphone cables, and balanced interconects I usually use the Mogami Star Quad cable (I forget the number, but it's the bigger gauge one). For unbalanced analog, I use Canare GS-6, and for digital, I usually use Canare LV-77. The main reason I use these is they are of excellent quality, and I have spools of them at work. I could use more expensive cables, but I don't think the performance gains are worth the steep increase in pricing over what I'm using now.

Cheers,
Zach

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
usekgb said:
I see one big problem with the Mogami Coax speaker cable.......shielding. This creates a capacitive load down the length of the cable and acts like a high pass filter. Does anyone find anything wrong with this? For an affordable cable that sounds great, try the Canare 4S11. This is a quad 14 gauge cable. By wrapping two pairs together, you get two conductors at 11 gauge each. I have been using this configuration for a while now, and I am quite happy with it. The bass response is amazing! High end clarity is excellent as well.

Cheers,
Zach

I can not agreed more:) great sound for very low price.

I got mine from www.bayviewtech.com.au (great mel supplier) $5.5 per meter :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.