Car Speaker Enclosures

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought a pair of Blaupunkt GTx 693 and there's no way i can fit them anywhere on my car so i'm building a box for each. I tried WinISD to figure out how to desing each box but i don't know if it's the most apropriate method. So i would like your opinion.

Regards Pedro

ps : sory for the bad english i'm portuguese

Here's a picture of the specs:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

those speakers typically have a fairly high QTS so they can perform well in infinite baffle.

Don't worry too much about the correct volume to place them in (it'll be too big anyway).

just make a pair of enclosures as large as you can fit nicely, somewhere around the 15-20L mark, 10L in a pinch.

WinISD was aiming for 35,4L i hope that's not to much. What i have in mind is giving some extra bass response to this drives so i don't have to buy a subwoofer. I have a another pair of this (same series but smaller) on the front doors and just like these ones they sound very Treble oriented. So final question ... bigger the box, more powerfull the bass ?

Are you certain winisd has the correct specs??

A speaker that has the 'ideal' box will have flat response

A ported box that is 'too large' will have resonance peak near tuning

a ported box that is 'too small' will have a lack of output.

a small sealed box has peaky yuck sound

a large ported box has more low end and less peaky.

a ported box tuned very low will act more like a sealed box the lower you tune it

www.diysubwoofers.org

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.