3 way centre speaker crossover. W(MT)W

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I take any paper without a "Conclusion" section with a grain of salt.

That said, damping factor is calculated by dividing the impedance of the load by the output impedance of the amp (and cable). In most situations you get a fairly high damping factor - dividing it by 2 will probably get you a number that affects Q very little.

Hi,

Care to elaborate on that misinformation ?

rgds, sreten.
I think I'd be pretty dumb to reply to such a typically barbed sreten-like comment! :D

I'll talk about what interests me. :cool:

When I use a word like damping factor I refer to the overall system behaviour. The fact is D'Appolitos need twice as much cabinet size for the same bass performance:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

shmb, what you need to know here is the bass reflex parameters for your 11 litre individual bass enclosures:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

FWIW, I'm not sure I buy the configuration you have built, since 3kHz midrange lobing is no better than with a two-way, but let's make the most of what you have. :cool:

I decided to use this configuration because I needed to cross the 2 main woofers low enough (450Hz) to avoid massive horizontal issues.
I didn't want them working up to 3kHz. .....I tried it (minus the mid range) in a different enclosure with the woofers mounted closer together and the variation was still shocking to my ears.

I'm assuming this is one of the ways to get around it?

Unless you're talking about some other lobing issues I'm not aware of, ...not sure.

Outright bass response wasn't such an issue as its only a centre speaker.
I know the 11L enclosures are on the small side, but they still seem to do the job down to about 60-70Hz. (optumum crossover point on my AVR settings)

One thing though that puzzles me, I may have tuned mine too low, (approx 40Hz) the doumentation shows FB at 50Hz.
However in Dissi's impedence graph simulation, it shows a massive lower resonant peak at 15Hz, relative to the higher peak at approx 60 Hz.
I've always thought that means the port tuning frequency is too high? :confused:

Am I wrong again? :D

Or maybe its better off sealed. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.