hows this graph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
this is a graph from scanspeak 1531g and raal 140-15d.....it is connected to active XO and they are getting from 70-1800hz to Scanspeak and 1800 hz -20Khz raal....

Right now the woofer is not connected which is big AE 15 ...will be connected later...this test was for Scan speak and Raal

Attachments

• sample6.jpg
    sample6.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 140
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    885.9 KB · Views: 134
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi thisisvv, please give some information about the measurement. First impression is that this includes room effects. Based on the picture I would suggest getting as far from walls and other objects as possible, with the tweeter at a height that is close to half way between floor and ceiling.

Unless of course you want to do listening position measurements.

Tony.

Hi thisisvv, please give some information about the measurement. First impression is that this includes room effects. Based on the picture I would suggest getting as far from walls and other objects as possible, with the tweeter at a height that is close to half way between floor and ceiling.

Unless of course you want to do listening position measurements.

Tony.

yes i like maeasurement at listening position...may i ask what what other information you need...

V

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi thisisvv, information about what sort of measurement it is (in room is a good start). Whether it was pink noise, what smoothing was used (I'm assuming it is not gated). etc are usefull.

It would also be useful to see a gated measurement at around 1M with the speaker as far from any objects as you can get it. This will then make it more obvious what is inherently the speakers response, and what are the room contributions :)

Tony.

Gated measurements can be taken regardless - there still could be influences from reflections seen in the graph. But of course if complete listening position measurements are desired, gated ones may not be required.

OTOH - The current mic position sure seems like an odd listening place.

is it possible using Active amp...

I'm not sure what you mean by Active amp but if there's an electronic crossover somewhere in the signal chain, it's possible that one of the outputs is in reversed phase. Another cause could be the Raal + terminal is actually -.

If you flip the polarity and the notch deepens further, then it's not the phasing. It may well be that the Raal cutoff is higher then the crossover frq.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.