Design: Horn High Sensitivity Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
But, if you have sold a system that is in clipping 100% of the time, you do not understand the needs of your client. Even remotely.

I never sold amps, only speakers. I had no control over the amps, how they are setup, or how large they were. But if the tweeters burned out I was expected to replace them. As Art said "problem solved".

As the signal is clipped its RMS voltage increases even though its peak voltage does not, hence the amps potential power output goes up. This is because the clipping adds spectrum above the spectrum of the input signal. This added "power" is usually inaudible but alas not protected for in most speaker systems.

If you think that I don't understand Spectral Analysis then you really don't know me. And it is incredibly arrogant to propose that you have it right and I have it wrong. We are all saying the same thing even if you don't realize it.

Hi guys,

Wanted to share with you an update for my project.
Playing with the digital crossover was very frustrating at first, but once it is sounding decent, tunning the crossover or doing small upgrades here and there seems to be never ending and very enjoyable.

Of course it sounds better in my room than youtube, but still the video can tell a lot:
woring on DIY horns with 71a - YouTube

woring on DIY horns with 71a - YouTube

Cheers,
C

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.