Atlas Sound ATP-34T Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just bought two used Atlas Sound ATP-34T loudspeakers that I need to install at our local Little League fields. I am mechanically inclined and have an electrical background, but when it comes to audio, I'm in the dark.

So...these units have two connections, I'm assuming they're high and low (power and ground) and a selector to select impedance. Ok, here's where I show my complete ignorance. We have no amp, but I don't think we'll need one, right? It not, how do these get wired up? I know we'll need a handset or microphone to make announcements, but what would the basic wiring look like? Again, I'm a dummy when it comes to sound, but do they sell mikes that plug into the wall and wire up to and power these units?

I'm open to any kind of help, suggestions, advice, etc.

Thank you,

Campo619

"...but do they sell mikes that plug into the wall and wire up to and power these units?"

Yes, they actually do and they are called PA (for Public Address) Amplifiers.

And that is what you need.

Find the impedance and power rating of your speakers.

Then search for an PA amp and microphone.

Good Luck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.