Two-way no compromise on size.. - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th February 2013, 03:24 PM   #41
AStroop is offline AStroop  Germany
diyAudio Member

In a few months I look forward to and also fully expect and alas demand(!!!), you to look at my pictures of mounds of sawdust, disjointed bits or mutliplex cemented together with tears of frustration and wet yourself laughing saying "you idiot!"

Last edited by AStroop; 7th February 2013 at 03:27 PM. Reason: artisitic licence
Old 8th February 2013, 01:29 AM   #42
diyAudio Member

great !!!!!!!!!!
Old 13th February 2013, 05:31 AM   #43
diyAudio Member

Location: Mar del Plata, a BIG seasonal getaway city, can see the Ocean from our residence.
I see many trips to the hardware store for screws & glue in your future!
Don't forget the drill-driver phillips-head bits. Clean the filter to your shop-vac.....your gonna need it.

__________________________________________________ ____Rick......
Old 13th February 2013, 08:08 AM   #44
diyAudio Member

Haha! Yeah!!!!! welllll... all of that is no problem, I can deal with it and take my time working slowly! I have an awesome saw and a great workshop shared by a very generous neighbour! Its more the technical things I will nervous about... like getting crossover right once I come to it and the selection of drivers!
Am out of the country right now and work will start once I have the plans and my own plan and working order sorted.
Should be fun... which is what its all about right?
Cheers
A
Old 13th February 2013, 09:55 AM   #45
diyAudio Member

If you refer to the drivers in the Jubilee, it used to use the K31 driver which is the same woofer used in the KLF-30 (in the event you can find a pair of those). Something happened with the vendor of that driver and Klipsch now gets a similar driver from someone else.

Here's Rigma's build DIY Klipsch Jubilee

I will say this... I've heard him say after building them that had he known how much work was involved, he would have simply bought them and been done with it. As a side note, he has since bought 5 more factory bass bins.
Old 13th February 2013, 11:03 AM   #46
diyAudio Member

Yeah I understand they will be a lot of work. But thats part of this project to me...will be a challenge. good LORD! 5 more?! That is some system...so i take it he likes them!
I will check out the link you sent! The klipsch drivers will be a problem...however if I can find the thiele measuremnts, I am sure there are drivers around that can do the job.
This won't be a quick job... but I think the results in my space could be spectacular.
Cheers and thanks!!!
A
Old 13th February 2013, 11:07 AM   #47
diyAudio Member

Oh! Coytee!
Do you know where he got the plans?
I have found some revised ones on the Klipsch forum after doing a search. I think they must be ok but sometimes they are really hard to read. The angles will be fine and measurements and cutting also no probs... the glueing will tricky though!
Old 13th February 2013, 11:27 PM   #48
diyAudio Member

He's a mechanical engineer and had a CAD/CAM (or whatever it's called) software package. I think he took the measurements he could find and slapped them into his program knowing that it would not allow open measurments.

Also... from what I understand, if you get everything "close enough" you will have similar sound. I do not know how close 'enough' is.

I will say this... I think the real secret sauce to the speaker is the huge horn on top. I've heard that horn on top of their MWM, Jubilee, LaScala and one of their cinema (415?) bass bins. The cinema bass bin had four 15" direct/radiator drivers and the Jubilee with two 12" drivers pretty much went toe to toe with it.

The K402 is the star performer in my book (though I admit it's a package that goes well together)

Here's some pictures.

The picture of the passive is what the engineer built. My understanding is he used the design as provided by the factory and bought the best parts he could buy. He's got something like $3K in parts alone in that bad boy (pair of them). It weighs something like 40 pounds (I helped carry it at one time)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1jubilee.jpg (54.5 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg 2jubmwm.jpg (60.9 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg 2jubscala.jpg (59.0 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg speaker%20copy.jpg (61.4 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2162.JPG (28.1 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2163.JPG (30.2 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1241.jpg (82.5 KB, 58 views)
Old 14th February 2013, 05:00 AM   #49
diyAudio Member

Location: Mar del Plata, a BIG seasonal getaway city, can see the Ocean from our residence.
AStroop!! Look at the JBL Professional & checkout the "cinema sound" sub-section.........check out the WAY big horns pictured there!

__________________________________________________ _____Rick........
Old 14th February 2013, 05:17 AM   #50
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
Sin Bin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStroop View Post
Hi Everyone,
Looking at some input and advice on my next project.

Here is where I am at now and what I am dealing with!

Room is 11m(35ft) x 6m(19ft) x 3.8m(12ft) cielings. The room is actual twice as wide (12m) but as it is a loft I will making rooms in the future...

I listen to mostly classical, jazz, acousitc music, some pop but not often and not the priority. no doof doof... I am in an apartment so no crazy bass required.. rolling off after 40-50hz. I don't listen at high spl. basically something that has ease at lower levels and nice dynamics and smooth musical bass.

I can make the boxes pretty much any size I want. I have been reading JRKO's thread and find it awesome! And was thinking something similar. ie
faitalpro 15h510 in an onken or a large closed enclosure. Crossing to this around 800hz Horns

would be active and biamped.

I am seriously open to any suggestions. Like i said they can be refrigerators if needed!

all the best
A
Based on your music type and requirements why Horns ..?

Hide this!Advertise here!