Two-way no compromise on size.. - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th February 2013, 06:47 PM   #31
diyAudio Member

nope, 2 way crossed 750hz at 24db.
Old 6th February 2013, 08:26 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStroop View Post
Hi Moray,
I saw you did a thread on Klipsch horns in 2010! And you seem to have a lot of info about them. was wondering if you have the thiele parameters that a chassis for the jubilee would need. Found some plans and there is a bit of info here and there. Also they should get down to about 40Hz right?
The info is listed in a JAES article by Delgado and Klipsch (2000)
Old 6th February 2013, 08:43 PM   #33
AStroop is offline AStroop  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi Norman Bates,
What set up is that?
2x15's sealed enclosure?
Sure I am interested! Looks somewhat easier to build than a jubilee...
I do like the idea of keeping the system all horn based.... but a system that works is a system that works. They will be placed about 5 metres apart...
Would you mind sharing some details of it with me?
cheers
A
Old 6th February 2013, 10:54 PM   #34
MBA is offline MBA  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

Hi AStroop,
what about the Atmosphere at Audiovideoforum.de, see e.g. AUDIO-VIDEO FORUM :: Thema anzeigen - Atmosphäre II in Oldenburg/Niedersachsen. This is a marvelous piece of speaker exactly in your music direction. The forum is very helpful and special wishes are appreciated. I've heard the Atmo II and it was simply stunning - I have never heard better box.
Old 6th February 2013, 11:07 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

dual 15" eminence magnum 15lf (not easy to find) in jbl 4508a cabinets (8ft3 ported, 1 port stuffed).
ev dh7 on ev hr90 horn (foam in throat and around mouth edges).

dbx rx321 active crossover with cd-eq jumpered on.
cap in parallel with a resistor, used as hf lift circuit, in series with compression driver.

Sounds great, nice bass at low volume levels.

Last edited by norman bates; 6th February 2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 6th February 2013, 11:32 PM   #36
jcx is offline jcx  United States
diyAudio Member

GedLee Summa? - not currently offered by Geddes but maybe just one pair of waveguides could be found - or veiwed as a construction challenge
Old 6th February 2013, 11:39 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStroop View Post
Also they should get down to about 40Hz right?
For those who use an active crossover, Roy (Delgado) has a PEQ boost at 32Hz. I don't know the technical stuff but from what I gather, at that level it acts more like a direct radiator and the distortion levels were still low enough to keep him happy.

I don't think you can achieve the same result with a passive.
Old 7th February 2013, 03:05 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

Ok,
I gotta say, I really like a challenge and I think I have found it in the Jubilee...
I like the fact it is a horn, has two 12 inch drivers per side, also that it has good extension to 500Hz and thus suitable for a 2 way (just!). Also that is will integrate well with a horn mid. Lastly I kind of like that it is super efficient. It also seems to have quite a bit of (albeit decentralized) build information!

I know my original question has changed a little but that is exactly why I posed the question here. I had looked at quite a few Altec designs but not at the Klipsch.

I read it would work with 12inch eminence 3012LF drivers... I was wondering would it also suit the Beyma 12B100R has quite a bit more bass extension but also a low QTS... otherwise probably the faitalpro 12fh500 should work.

Does anyone want to talk me out of it? Say...there is something similar but better, simpler etc.?

Cheers and thanks to all the contributions so far. I really appreciate it! Seriously....
Old 7th February 2013, 03:20 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to JRKO
Well I think you picked the most complicated design

I'll throw in a Tannoy westminster royal copy as an alternative. Maxlorenz got close I think here: My Second Tannoy Autograph enclosures & here My first Tannoy Autograph Completed here DIY Tannoy Westminster Royal - Project gallery/WIKI - diyAudio.rs
Old 7th February 2013, 03:20 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

HI Norman!
Thanks for the info! Yeah....it is a bit tricky to get those drivers here. It says they are.... "nicht mehr leiferbar" Which means they can't supply them anymore.
As for the JBL boxes also a bit tricky to come by...
I suppose I could work out something similar...but then I quite like the look of the Jubilee as something pretty outrageous.

Hide this!Advertise here!