Sonus faber cremona

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Just posting a new thread on the Sonusfaber Cremona.
I've just have some information conserning the drivers and the filter.
The drivers are:
Bass: 2 x 180 mm matching ScanSpeak 18W8531 cone drivers.
Medium:150 mm ScanSpeak 8530 revelator cone driver.
tweeter:29 mm ScanSpeak Ring Radiator D2904/700000.
The filter is a first order 6db and the cut frequencies are around 300 and 3khz.
If any body news anything about the filter design I'll be glad to know about it.

Christopher

Cremona Tweeter

Thanks for your reply, just some notes from me.

I still think it is the ScanSpeak Ring Radiator D2904/700000 seting in the Cremona.
The specifications of the Cremona is in the 3db range up to 40khz, and the tweeter from Vifa does not ofer that...unless I they does not manufacture it for personal use.
If you you look at the mounting holes placements you will notice that D2904/700000 have three inner holes aligned with three external holes which is not the case for the tweeter from Vifa....
I've got my info from a retailer here in sweden so I am pretty confidant in the fact that the Cremona is using the Scanspeak element...

Christopher

A couple of points:

- Vifa and Scan-Speak are different product lines manufactured by the same company, Danish Sound Technology.

- The face plate of the tweeter used in the Cremonas is clearly custom-made; it has a cutout on the bottom and has Sonus Faber etched on the front.

- The diaphragm and phase plug look almost exactly like the Vifa model, and not much like the Scan-Speak; even so, the Sonus Faber driver seems to have a brass phase plug not shown on the Vifa:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Vifa

Scan-Speak

And as I mentioned before, Sonus Faber is obviously using a custom job - at least as far as the faceplate goes - and they are all made by the same company anyway.

So this is a rather silly argument IMHO. :D

Hi,
on my Cremona "replica", i use the SS 70000. Sound is great !!!!:hot: It's my first DIY job and i wanted to build something "special"... ;)
For now, it's not a cremona like casing but it seems like a crate with drivers on it !!!!:D I will start to build the real casings just after : i couldn't wait to hear this sound......:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.