2.1 design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
updated_wmd.jpg

working on a design for a few months and posted some early renderings before, hopefully will start making the moulds soon. The material is carbon fibre/kevlar.

The sub will use a Seas L26ROY (not as in render), ported. The internal volume will be quite tight, around 1.3 cu.ft
The main speakers will use either Monacor sph-30x w/o dust caps or specially made Bandor 50s.
amplification is the Keiga 2.1 amp, possibly with some upgrade mods; I'll add a bluetooth module and a dac
A compromise in this design is the x/o which needs to be around 125hz or so to protect the FR drivers.

really? I was going to soften the edge a little more

diffraction is inevitable anyway and it is nothing good

I am sure we can agree on that point

without those elements the idea resembles TimeDomain speakers:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and being 2.1 even more it resembles Sharp Aquos TimeDomain licensed speaker system:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.