Auto-tech horn and Radian 950-PB - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th January 2013, 05:07 PM   #1
Banned

Default Auto-tech horn and Radian 950-PB

has anybody any experience with Radian 950-PB and Autotech horns? I want to use Radian 950-PB in a 2-way speaker and I want to know which of the Autotech horns is the best for the application. there is no wife so there would be no problem with bigger horns with lower WAF

Last edited by oldies; 26th January 2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 27th January 2013, 08:19 AM   #2
Helmuth is offline Helmuth  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

The horn is designed to have a acoustic resistance when the horn is calculated right it will be a constant resistance.

In a driver the length of the voice-coil wire multiplied with the current and multiplied with the magnetic force will result in a force F on the membrane. When the magnetic field is constant the current is constant with frequency the force on the membrane will be constant.

So your question is, is the auto-tech horn faulty designed or is the radian driver faulty designed.
Probably not so you can couple any good designed driver to any good designed horn.

Drivers will often dictate the roll off at the bottom and top off the bandpass behavior.

I like the design of the itawa horn of autotech never hear one though. No use to you because you want to use a 2" driver
Horns
Click the image to open in full size.

How about the JMLC 350

I like horns to see some of my threads.

Kugelwellen Horn.

photoshoot OB MK1, at least they sound good

Project presentation Horn Almighty
Back Loaded Horns

Last edited by Helmuth; 27th January 2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 27th January 2013, 09:39 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Stupid of me there is also a Itawa for a 2" horn would also do nice with the 2" 18sound HFdriver 2060.
Nice wide disperion.

Old 27th January 2013, 05:00 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks for posting. I am not a measurement sav person so could you tell me where a non tech savy person could go to learn what these measurement mean in terms of the sound? I see that the sonogram and the swept response track one another across the band but what does the overall shape of the sonogram reflect? I see that it is symmetrical , is there a desired included angle or should both haves of the sonogram be parallel? If so what is the meaning of this? Thanks for the education. Best regards Moray James.
Old 27th January 2013, 05:19 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moray james View Post
Thanks for posting. I am not a measurement sav person so could you tell me where a non tech savy person could go to learn what these measurement mean in terms of the sound? I see that the sonogram and the swept response track one another across the band but what does the overall shape of the sonogram reflect? I see that it is symmetrical , is there a desired included angle or should both haves of the sonogram be parallel? If so what is the meaning of this? Thanks for the education. Best regards Moray James.
The sonogram is in color. The color shows the speaker loudness. On the side of the sonogram you see the angle to the horn of the measurement. Like a listener who listens under a angle to the horn.

What the horn designer want to see that the red and area is evenly wide from low to high frequent.
This is normal not the case so the dispersion narrows as de frequency increases.
Old 27th January 2013, 05:22 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
The sonogram is in color. The color shows the speaker loudness. On the side of the sonogram you see the angle to the horn of the measurement. Like a listener who listens under a angle to the horn.

What the horn designer want to see that the red and area is evenly wide from low to high frequent.
This is normal not the case so the dispersion narrows as de frequency increases.
thanks for information.
best post of 2013 for now

Hide this!Advertise here!