help needed with WinIsd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It will work. But there will be small resonances in the response curve because of the difference in angles. The driver has a wider exit angle than the horns entry angle.

The BMS 4591 has the same but opposite problem, compression driver throats, the driver has a narrower exit angle than the horn. Maybe the driver delivers a plane wave at the exit, then not a big problem.

One thing about the Auto-Tech horns. The have an exit diameter of exactly 2" (51,8 mm). The exit diameter of a JBL 2" driver is 49 mm. So you may have to make an adapter.

You also have the option to get 1.4" drivers and horns. The 4594ND-MID might have a 3 degrees exit just as 4594ND.

It will work. But there will be small resonances in the response curve because of the difference in angles. The driver has a wider exit angle than the horns entry angle.

The BMS 4591 has the same but opposite problem, compression driver throats, the driver has a narrower exit angle than the horn. Maybe the driver delivers a plane wave at the exit, then not a big problem.

One thing about the Auto-Tech horns. The have an exit diameter of exactly 2" (51,8 mm). The exit diameter of a JBL 2" driver is 49 mm. So you may have to make an adapter.

You also have the option to get 1.4" drivers and horns. The 4594ND-MID might have a 3 degrees exit just as 4594ND.

nice info. thanks.
I'm not expert in horns and I don't know anything about exit angles. you probably know Oris horns. Oris guy sells modified BMS 4592ND. I can afford t buy a pair of those but I can't buy a pair of Oris horns for about 800 Euros. do you think 4592ND will work in any of the Auto-tech horns which are less expensive (and look better IMO)?
4592ND reaches 114-115db of efficiency in Oris horns. I don't know if they will do the same thing in Autotech :confused:

Oris guy sells modified BMS 4592ND

This is a coaxial extended range driver. It will not work well on a traditional horn. Maybe on a waveguide.

Go for two traditional drivers instead, one with 2" exit and another with 1" exit. Use two horns. The Auto-tech JMLC-200T is excellent. The JMLC-1000 is also very good and can be used from 2kHz and up.

The Radian 650PB will fit the JMLC-1000. Or use the BMS 4550. Same problem here with exit and entry angles. The Radian has a nice exit angle, but the BMS has too wide exit angle. You can get BMS from USSpeaker (you are US citicen?).

Xmax of 7 meter? Wow

326456d1359205036-help-needed-winisd-899.gif

LOL! I didn't look at the specs, but considering it has a 380 meter diameter, especially with no Sd, a 7 m Xmax isn't unreasonable! ;)

A program that only uses Fs, Vas, Qts can calculate some totally unreal alignments!

GM

This is a coaxial extended range driver. It will not work well on a traditional horn. Maybe on a waveguide.

Go for two traditional drivers instead, one with 2" exit and another with 1" exit. Use two horns. The Auto-tech JMLC-200T is excellent. The JMLC-1000 is also very good and can be used from 2kHz and up.

The Radian 650PB will fit the JMLC-1000. Or use the BMS 4550. Same problem here with exit and entry angles. The Radian has a nice exit angle, but the BMS has too wide exit angle. You can get BMS from USSpeaker (you are US citicen?).

I know I can go for 2way in hf section. BUT, is Oris a waveguide or a horn? 4592ND works fine in Oris horn so I thought it might work is a Autotech too.

LOL! I didn't look at the specs, but considering it has a 380 meter diameter, especially with no Sd, a 7 m Xmax isn't unreasonable! ;)

A program that only uses Fs, Vas, Qts can calculate some totally unreal alignments!

GM

Uh come on guys :D don't be like that. first time on WinIsd.

BUT, is Oris a waveguide or a horn?

DIY Oris horns. Looks like tractrix horn to me.

Trust me, the 4592ND will not work well on these. You will get a very very small sweetspot. There is also something not quite right with this driver, if I remember correctly there is some problem with the transition from one diaphragm to the other. It probably works ok for pro applications, but I doubt it is suitable for HiFi.

Uh come on guys don't be like that. first time on WinIsd.

Well he starts with a LOL! Probably only thought it was amusing.

DIY Oris horns. Looks like tractrix horn to me.

Trust me, the 4592ND will not work well on these. You will get a very very small sweetspot. There is also something not quite right with this driver, if I remember correctly there is some problem with the transition from one diaphragm to the other. It probably works ok for pro applications, but I doubt it is suitable for HiFi.

Well he starts with a LOL! Probably only thought it was amusing.

a 380 meter diagram woofer in a well tuned cab will probably move the moon from planet! :D or maybe a climate warming remedy as it might be able to shot back the Sun a bit:drool:

I know nothing about La Scala.

But HF section will be excellent with the horns and CDs we discussed. If you got 2 free corners maybe a Klipsh horn instead of a La Scala? It will match horn HF better I believe.

I would never let such a setup come near a Behringer though. Go for a MiniDSP HD 4x10, it is very good value for money. Not too complicated either. You can do all kinds of IIR filters as well as parametric EQ and delays.

I know nothing about La Scala.

But HF section will be excellent with the horns and CDs we discussed. If you got 2 free corners maybe a Klipsh horn instead of a La Scala? It will match horn HF better I believe.

I would never let such a setup come near a Behringer though. Go for a MiniDSP HD 4x10, it is very good value for money. Not too complicated either. You can do all kinds of IIR filters as well as parametric EQ and delays.

I don't have a Klipschorn, nor can I build one. it's hard to build and I just don't have the time. La Scala is much more nostalgic to me and doesn't need a corner. La Scala is a real horn bassbin while Klipschorn behaives a direct radiating all in all which need a room corner to complete the designer plan as a horn.

there is also Vittora speaker with a horn bassbin inspired by La Scala but with more solid and better structure. with a curved profile it sounds much better. it looks nice too. it is the best Horn Loaded Bass Bin ever build IMO :rolleyes:

I already have a Behringer 2496 :( how come you think it's not good? I think it will do the job in the right manner, complication is not important to me

Vittora:

attention: all images liked from Tiama Vittora Photos - Volti Audio - Hi-Efficiency Horn Speakers
tiamavittora1.jpg

tiamavittora2.jpg

tiamavittora2.jpg

tiamavittora3.jpg

tiamavittora4.jpg

tiamavittora5.jpg

tiamavittora6.jpg

tiamavittora7.jpg

tiamavittora8.jpg

tiamavittora9.jpg

tiamavittora10.jpg

tiamavittora11.jpg

tiamavittora12.jpg

tiamavittora13.jpg

tiamavittora14.jpg

tiamavittora15.jpg

tiamavittora16.jpg

tiamavittora17.jpg

tiamavittora18.jpg

tiamavittora19.jpg

tiamavittora20.jpg

tiamavittora21.jpg

tiamavittora22.jpg

tiamavittora23.jpg

tiamavittora24.jpg

tiamavittora25.jpg

tiamavittora26.jpg

tiamavittora27.jpg

tiamavittora28.jpg

tiamavittora29.jpg

tiamavittora30.jpg

tiamavittora31.jpg

tiamavittora32.jpg

tiamavittora33.jpg

tiamavittora34.jpg

tiamavittora35.jpg

tiamavittora36.jpg

tiamavittora37.jpg

tiamavittora38.jpg

tiamavittora39.jpg

tiamavittora40.jpg

tiamavittora41.jpg

tiamavittora42.jpg

tiamavittora43.jpg

tiamavittora44.jpg

tiamavittora45.jpg

tiamavittora46.jpg

tiamavittora47.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.