One speaker louder than other

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear all,

I built DIY Jim Holtz speaker statement.

Some lately I found out that one side speaker (R) is louder than the other

This happens after my PA blown out.

The Right speaker seems still making a good sound but just feel dull

I did change the cable from left to right to eliminate whether my eq is the one that causing problem. the result is still the same.

How would I know that the speaker is broken (since still making nice sound just dull compare with the other)

Should I check the cross over?

tks

Tony, can you download or play some pink noise through the speaker at a safe level and use your ears near the drivers to see if a midrange is not sounding on the bad side? Figure that out first and then we can work from there.

Also, you might like to check over at HTGuide Mission Possible forum as the Statement designers are regulars over there.

Greg

Tony, can you download or play some pink noise through the speaker at a safe level and use your ears near the drivers to see if a midrange is not sounding on the bad side? Figure that out first and then we can work from there.

Also, you might like to check over at HTGuide Mission Possible forum as the Statement designers are regulars over there.

Greg

And place the speakers face-to-face at a spacing so you can put your head in between and feed both with the same signal.

Then you can tell where some sound is not coming from...which speaker exactly.

As noted above: at a safe level.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.